The Bus

Looking down at the ground, I heard the sirens scream.
"Put your hands where I can see them!" a police officer yelled.
Why should I? I thought. What's the point?
I was ready to scream, to fight, to break free, but then I heard the slight maneuver of a gun. Not shooting at me, but someone taking the safety off. My hands slowly rose above my head. Scream, fight, run...and I die.
Two police officers approached me and handcuffed me.
"Are you Ingrid Devon," another voice said.
"Yes," I answered through gritted teeth.
"That's the one I came for," the voice said, "Come with me." I was slowly led to a small van. After moments of what seemed like nothing. I looked up. A mental hospital van sat in front of me.
"Mental..." I whispered.
"Pardon," the voice who I soon recognized as a doctor said.
"You think I'm mental!" I shouted back.
"Put her in the truck," he said to the two workers next to him.
"I am not mental! I'm in my right mind! I won't go!" I protested.
Hands seized me as I was dragged into the truck.
"Help me! Anyone! I am not mental!" I pleaded, but no one was coming to my rescue.
The doors shut. I sat with one of the security officers. The other had driven and the doctor was in the passenger seat.
I squirmed and tried to break free of my handcuffs.
"Sit still!" the guard ordered.
"Fine!" I snapped.
Minutes went by. It may have been a half hour since I left the school. I slowly thought of ways to escape. Every possibility, then I thought of one. Not original surely, but enough to get the job done.
I kicked the shin of the security officer in front of me.
"Hey!" his voiced echoed, angrily. I charged at him slamming him into the wall. I kicked him in the ribs and he began to clutch them gingerly.
"Stop it," he pleaded, "Stop!"
I reached down quickly and grabbed his gun. I pointed it at him and turned off the safety.
"Open the door," I demanded.
Slowly the officer stood up and opened the door. Wind filled the empty metal bus. And I jumped.