First Sight - Jimin

He is always there by my side, and always showing me his world, for my world is pitch black. My only wish is to finally be able to see him.

• • •

[ Y/N's POV ]

He tightly grips my hand, guiding me along the familiar path of the park, the leaves crunching under my feet. Autumn was coming, and so was my birthday.

We make a turn off the path and into the soft grass, walking towards the bench just five steps away. We sit down, and I face forward, clueless of what I'm actually seeing.

His hands move to my face, and tucks a strand of loose hair behind my ear.

"What would you like for your birthday?" he asks, holding my hands in his.

"The usual. A kiss right here," I point to my lips,"and some chocolate." A small laugh escapes his lips.

"Is that all? I thought you always wanted one more thing..." He runs his fingers over my closed eyes.

"Of course I want to see, but we all know there's no way that someone would give me their eyes." My head droops, my heart clenching at my own words. I want to see...

"It's not impossible. There's always a way. And I promise you that one day, you will be able to see."

"Do you really promise? Will I really see the world?"

"Of course you will."

• • •

~a week later ~

I lay back in his chest, feeling his heartbeat as I run my fingers over the braille of the book Jimin got my for me. His hands rest on my stomach, holding a book of his own.

"Do you like the book I got you?" he asks.

"I like your taste in books. It's my new favorite."

"Just a few more days to get everything else you want." His soft lips kiss my cheeks, and I giggle in response.

"I can't wait..."

• • •

[ Jimin's POV ]

Time is running out, and all I want is to let Y/N see the world. Doctors have given me the maximum of a week, just enough to celebrate Y/N's birthday.

I silently walk in front of the TV where my parents sit, ready to tell them my decision since they know what is happening to my life.

"I have made a decision," I start. They both look up at me with a confused expression on their faces. "I want to let Y/N see the world, so as a gift, I want to-" Mom jumps up from the couch and tightly wraps her arms around me.

"I know what you want to do, and I believe that it is a good choice." She looks into my eyes, and smiles softly. I can see right through it. She was in pain. Dad stands up and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Go make her wish come true."

~the next day~

I walk up to Y/N's door, the feeling of excitement and agony welling up in my chest. A few moments of me calming down passes, then I ring the doorbell.

Y/N's mom comes to the door, and her smile suddenly fades at the sight of my pained smile. "Is there something wrong Jimin?" she asks quietly. My mind goes blank of the words that I want to say, my throat aching from choking down my tears. "Please come inside," she waves me in, and motions me to sit on the couch beside her.