d e f e a t

🐓

The scared look on their face was undescribable when they arrived the next day to the meeting place without your presence.

No one answered back to their calls. No one was found when they almost turned the place upside down to look for you.

"Hyung," Jungkook called to no one in particular, his voice filled with worry while he stare at the empty spot where you usually are. "Where is she?"

"Maybe she got things to do in school." Jimin suggested before leaning his back against the rock.

"Yeah, let's not... let's not jump to conclusions." Yoongi reluctantly agreed and started playing with Pong's feather, deep in his thoughts. "We'll wait here. Don't worry, she'll arrive soon."

And so they waited. But it was already dark and you never came. You weren't even answering their phone calls.

Jungkook was already pacing back and forth in anxiousness. Taehyung was following his every move in silence, the beating of his heart accelarating along with the youngest's steps.

"Can you calm down, Jungkook?" Seokjin demanded in irritation, tightening the pink scarf around his neck. "You're making me dizzy."

"Hyung, what if—"

"Stop, right there." Namjoon interrupted as he got up from his seat. "Overthinking won't make us feel any better." He stretched his arms and grunted as he stare at the starless night sky. "Come on. Let's go to her house and check if she's home."

"But the bitch might—"

"Nah, she told us we can visit (Name) anytime, right?" He cut Jungkook off.

"Right."

"Let's just get this over with." Yoongi concluded the coversation, walking ahead to lead them to the same direction they went when they followed you yesterday.

🐓

"This is it."

Bangtan stared at the house in front of them, slightly angered at the memories they had of the place the day before. It took all their will to walk away after the incident instead of pulling you out of the hell you called home.

"You know guys, it bothers me that they live in this place. I thought it would be somewhere with an upper class neighborhood and a lot fancier house than this. You know what I mean?" Hoseok voiced his thoughts, still staring up at your house, unconvinced.

"Does it matter? Just push the doorbell already." Yoongi said impatiently.

Namjoon did as he said and they waited in both anxiousness and tamed anger for the door to open.

When it did, your mother's annoyed face welcomed them. It took all of Jungkook's self control not to punch the lady square in the face when he remembered what she did yesterday and must have done to you all these years.

How could a mother have the guts to hurt her child? Absolutely disgusting.

The woman's face contorted in shock when she registered their faces on her mind. Suddenly, she flashed a smile to them, the one she used to give on the hospital.

"What brings you here?"

"Is (Name) inside?"

"Oh, yes." She pulled the door further, letting them see the interior of the house. "Come in, I'll prepare you drinks."

Bangtan did as they were told, following your mother inside. They immediately roamed their eyes around to look for you but all that welcomed them were dirty clothes, empty bottles of beer and trashes scattered everywhere.