e n d i n g

🐓

Waking up to her father yelling and her mother crying was nothing unusual to a 7-year-old (Name).

Your father was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, he always gets what he wants ever since he was young. Your mother was a normal girl from the province whose only dream was to get a decent job in Seoul where she met your father. It was a beautiful love, at first. It was magical; sparks, happiness and all. They had you and you received the sweetest love and care a child could ask for.

But then time changed them. Love faded. Their tempers got the best of them. And as quickly as the family was built, it broke down.

Your father hoarded women. Money and fame blinded him. He would let his frustrations out to your mother. He would yell at her and hit her while you watch at the tiny opening of the closet your mother used to hide you. And you would cry silently, couldn't do anything but watch.

It became a routine. Your father would sometimes bring his women to your house. Your mother would turn a blind eye. When she wouldn't, he'd hit her. And your heart would hurt for your mother as you hug her to sleep.

You never thought it could go worse until your father threw you and your mother out of his house. He gave you a new one but he would rarely visit. Your mother slowly changed in front of your eyes. The sorrow slowly drove her out of her sanity.

She started abusing you when you were 14. You'd take it all in and went in your everyday life like nothing was happening. You never made friends, afraid that anyone would know and your mother would be taken away from you too.

But the abuse progressively became worse. She would beat you every single day without fail. The bruises became harder to hide. The wounds turned deeper and more painful. You started to develop an intense hate and anger towards her that caused you to snap one day.

You yelled at her, packed your bags, and left without another word. You decided you had enough. Without any direction to go to, you roamed the town for days. You tried checking in on motels but they wouldn't accept you and instead, offered to take you to the police so they could take you home, which you naturally refused every time because you didn't think you still had one.

Then there's this group of guys who found you when you were sleeping beside a dumpster. They hurt you. You begged to be spared but they had no ears that were willing to listen. No one seemed to have.

By then, you were convinced there's no such thing as a safe place in the world.

But then you met Pong. 🐓

The chicken could be such a nuissance at times. He was oddly loud and moves a lot. You followed him in endless walks. That time he was the only one you got.

But that changed when Pong led you to them.

The Bangtan Gang.

By their looks, you could tell they could be no less different from the guys you encountered before. But Yoongi pulling you harshly so that you wouldn't be hit by the truck made you realize they could be different.

And so you finally found your home once again, in the company of one loud-ass chicken and seven whiney idiots with guns.

You were happy with this tiny world you created with them. For once,

"Did you get my apples?! Waaah, thank you!"

..your smile was genuine, not forced so you could fake that you were okay. For once,

"Hey (Name), you'll be okay, alright?"

..you felt you were being cared for, not the other way around. For once,

"You saved me. You can't be the bad."

..you were willing to let people inside your life, without the fear that you would be left alone. For once,

"Fuck! Cover her more. Goddammit!"

..you found friends who were willing to do anything for your sake. And for once,

"No, you're not going to be alone in any of this. Either you deal with your problems with us, or you run away with us. You're not alone, (Name). Not anymore that we're here."

..you found the light of hope in your dimming world.

It could be the perfect happy ending. But life does not work like that. Life is not supposed to be easy. There is no such thing as an ending that is happy. Bangtan and you unfortunately happened to meet the end so abruptly.

Despite that, you're still thankful to have met them because for once,

"We're here for you, (Name)."

..you were home.

- The End-

Here
by mei_xxiii
2017