Chapter 1

I walked down the isle looking for a sign, any sign, that there was a hope this could turn out right. A book, a piece of paper, a tiny note...anything would do. I never thought that god had been on my side. I wasn't even a believer before this all started. But as I heard the doors of the library slam open I knew that I could not deny it any longer. Talking off in to a sprit the rows of book whipped past. I could hear the heavy foot falls as they drew nearer. Who are they exactly? To this day I'm totally sure. I don't think I ever will be. All I know is that they want me dead. There are people out there. Beautiful people, who are here to protect us, but with good always comes evil. The thing is, in my life...the good hasn't showed up yet.

Walking though the door of the library, the sun shining through the skylight, highlighting every detail, was the first time I saw them. Creatures from the other worlds. Magical creatures that walk by us everyday, without question. Only a select number of us can see them for what they truly are. I am one of those people. To you they look no different from others. A man in a suit. A mother with her child. An elderly couple going for a walk together. The one rule about having the sight is not letting them know you have it. For they will hunt you down, driven by the fear of having their secrets exposed. I have learned to walk by them without glancing up. Keeping my head down and taking deep breaths is not always as easy as it seems. When you come across a demon who has a body that has been dislocated and contorted, and yet it still walking around creeping behind small children, its hard to turn away, hard to not scream out in fear and tell them to run.

The sight has been passed down through my family for years, my mother had it, my grandmother, her mother, always in the female side of my family. Only two people know I have it. My mother, seeing as she too, carries the gene. And my best friend Vince. He thought I was insane when I first told him, thought that someone had put me up to it. It wasn't until he got cornered by a vampire that he believed me. Yes certain creatures can make them selves visible to humans; most only use glamours to make sure regular humans can't see them. Most demons won't show their true form, its how they lure in their victims, taking their souls and sending them down to hell. Don't get me wrong not all otherworld creatures and bad, some vampires and werewolves work along side humans to put away the demons. Angels are almost always good, even the fallen angels are better than even the nicest of all demons. There's the fey, the fairie people, there's elves, nekos, half-breeds, and the list continues. Some are harder to come by than others, I for one have never seen a full blooded demon or angel, most are half-breeds, which can be just as bad...or good.

Chapter 1: Sighting

Walking down the street with Vince is my own little heaven, a place I can be myself and do what I want to without worrying,

"So where do you want to go?" He turned to me a smile on his face. Vince was quite handsome; he has dark chestnut brown hair that fell down to just about his shoulders with a fringe covering his left eye. He had deep green eyes, and a strong build, he was the kind of guy you would think to be on the football team or something along those lines.

"Wherever, I guess we could try out that new little coffee shop down town. The Zepher, I think that's what it's called.

"Sure I hear they have amazing lattes," He commented quietly grinning down at me. That's one thing I really like about Vince his smile. It the kind of smile that can make even some guys go weak at the knees

I looked over to the other side of the road which was lined with trees. Almost every road in our little town of Squamish is lined with trees or some kind foliage.

We walking in to the little coffee shop and sat down in the back on the big comfy chairs, the shop was nearly empty, there was one kid, a year older than us, sitting at the other end of the store texting on his phone, occasionally sipping his drink. Vince sat down across from me handing me my drink.