The plan

I tried my best to get my clothes on but can i tell you it was so hard to put my pants on, my butt hurt so bad I didn't think I could sit down and when I did I almost cried. I packed my bag with extra food and clothes. I left the house as quickly as I could. I was nervous because everything I was about to do would effect the rest of my life. I was so close to the school ...you would think id be to sore but the only thing I could think of was what was about to happen. I couldn't wait any longer. I walked in the building as soon as the bell rang to go to class. I walked in and all the kids stared at me with scared faces. Ms.Birdinsky stared at me with big eyes ...she usually just looked at me I guess she thought it would never get this bad. She called me to her table with a wave of her finger. I went and when I arrived she escorted me into the hallway as soon as the second bell sounded. She told the class she would be right back and put Rebecca "in charge". She said "sweetie are you ok" at this point her voice was so soft it made me cry so hard ...if I knew how my mothers voice sounded that's how I would picture it. That's how I would picture it until I met her. I shook my head as I began to pull at my sleeves. she exclaimed "did someone do this to you ....your parents?" ....I felt so stupid I couldn't even speak but I managed to nod my head again and she told me that whatever I did to not tell the principal because my step father and her were great friends and to hang in until the end of the day...and she would help me. She also instructed me to not draw attention to myself. After our talk she drew me in with a great beg embrace. I had never noticed before but she had scars on her neck and on her arms. She told me to wipe my tears and blow my nose as she handed me a Kleenex. she whispered "I'm sorry I didn't do anything sooner, sweetie...after today you will be safe I promise". I couldn't help but feel relieved by her words ...they seemed so real and I hoped with all my heart that they were. The time ticked by slowly ....I felt like I was going to burst but every time I thought about it I looked up at Ms.Birdinsky and she smiled at me ...it was reassuring that she had a plan and that I just had to wait until the clock struck 3. The bell had rung for recess ...everyone ran outside as fast as they could. I walked into the restroom and looked at my eye as a girl came up from behind me and pointed at my eye and said you should try to cover that up with make up because it's not attractive. I said I don't care about being attractive....she then said "I'm just saying because that's what my mom does when she has bruises on her face". I kind of felt bad for the girl because she was so oblivious to what was happening at her own house. It just goes to show everyone has stuff going on. At that moment I just hugged the girl and walked away, maybe when she was older and less naive she will understand. I sat on the hot concrete looking at all the boys and girls chasing each other ....and then I saw other kids like me just sitting there by themselves ...I thought it wasn't fair that only some of us had to suffer while others got to enjoy their life and at that moment I was totally glad on what was about to happen because I was getting out and maybe they would to and one day we would have a good life to enjoy and we wouldn't have to remember all this crap going on all around us... One day. Recess was finally over ....the clock read 2:36. This was the first time I was so excited to leave school ...because I wasn't going home this time ....I didn't know where I was going but I was going somewhere good. Ms.Birdinsky was finishing her lesson ...and the last five minutes of class she let us talk...but when she did this I never talked to anyone. I couldn't today either because I couldn't give myself any attention. The bell rang ....i pretended to pack my stuff in my back pack really slowly ...all the kids were gone and at that point it was just me and Ms.Birdinsky.