Ode To An Angel, Part 1: Angels

It happens like this:

One day, you meet someone, and for some unexplainable reason you feel closer to this stranger than to anyone else; even your closest family.

Maybe it's because this person carries an angel within them, or maybe they are an angel, sent to you for a higher purpose, perhaps to teach you an important lesson or to watch over you during a perilous time.

What you must do, however, is trust in them; wholeheartedly and without fail. Even if they come hand in hand with sorrow or suffering- the reason for their presence in your life will show itself, gradually.

However,  be warned, you may grow to love this person but remember; they are not yours to keep. Their purpose is not to save you but rather to teach you how to save yourself.

Once their work is done; the halo lifts; and they are a normal human being once more.

In truth, it is up to you to decide for yourself whether you want to make this angel the love of your life; or to simply let them exit, and they will be a stranger to you once more.

"But for whatever reason, I can't help but think that she is the one, the angel among angels, true to her name.

sometimes I think to myself; do I honestly deserve her? This angel, this extraordinarily wonderful person, with her eyes full of stars and her heart blazing with fire?

Is she really mine to keep?

I truly hope so."