The Duaghter Of Poseidon

Chapter 7 : Capture The Flag
-
Leo's P.O.V.
-
I ran my hand through my curly hair and looked at my arm. It was bandaged heavily and it was still red. I sighed and looked around. It was finally time for Capture The Flag! Tonight, Hephaestus and Poseidon were captains. Percy and Annabeth were standing close together, discussing battle plans while Juliana stood next to a Hermes kid who was attempting to flirt with her. I scowled at him as she looked around absently. Suddenly, Chiron called everyone together. "Remember the Rules!" He called and everyone nodded. "Begin!" The red team shot off in one direction while my team ran to the other side. I didn't want to hurt my best friend but I may have to. Just my luck she was on offense and I was defending. I started to panic as she approached. Pretending she was a hydra, I pounced, pushing her away. She fell to the ground, landing a little funny on her ankle. She dropped her sword and held her ankle. Resisting from bending down to help her, I grabbed her sword and she looked into my eyes. Her face made me melt. She had dirt streaks across one side and blood was on another. A short cut was on her cheek and I don't know what got into me, but I hit her in the ribs with the flat part of my sword. She yelped in pain and Percy ran over. He saw two swords in my hand and none in hers. This is bad... Real bad.. I thought as Percy scowled and lunged at me, pinning me down in two seconds with Riptide pointed at my throat. I gulped and struggled against him. I saw Juliana weakly standing, clutching her ribs and limping, over to the flag. She grabbed it and started to limp as fast as she could over to her side. Percy let me go and he made water swirl around Juliana as she passed the border. She smiled at him triumphantly and her team crowded around her. "Softie" Someone muttered as I walked by. I felt like I had lost everything as I walked back to my cabin. What really fired me up was that the Hermes kid was still flirting with her and she didn't even try to get him away. Annabeth looked surprised but she was congratulating Juliana. She smiled at everyone as the flag turned sea-green just like her eyes with a trident in the middle. That's when I lost it. Turning on my heel, I ran to Bunker 9. I didn't know what I was feeling but it was either anger or sadness. Maybe both. I collapsed on the ground and sat there.
-
Juliana's P.O.V.
-
I can't believe Leo would do that to me. He didn't even look guilty. I wanted to join the celebration but I just limped over to a rock and sat down, clutching my ribs. They were most likely bruised and my ankle was definitely sprained. I sighed and put my chin in my hands, gazing out at the beach. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Relaxing as I realized it was Annabeth, I turned to her and hugged her as tears streamed down my face. We sat together for a few minutes until I tried to stand up. She gave me ambrosia and I lightly bit it, watching small sparks that were rising from the woods. "My first Capture the Flag game.... It was fun." I said and sniffed. I could feel blood dripping on my hand and I pressed my hand to the small cut on my face.
-