The Welcoming

QUICKSILVER'S POV

I personally show no fault in my hobbies. They involve running, pranking, gaming, oh, and of course, "purchasing". Mom just doesn't get that about me. Growing up as the only dude in your house does things to your head. Thankfully, I managed to pass the time with my hobbies of choice. And, I know what you're thinking, I am kind of a criminal. But I'm also an X-Man, so that's gotta count as something.

I haven't really been in on studies since my dad left here. You can say I'm still "frozen in time", if you will. But all of that changed when I heard the news from Jubilee.

"A new mutie is joining Mutant High!" She exclaimed while doing a little dance. I didn't see what she and the others saw this as. An opportunity? I think not! The way I see it, more students means more competition. I'm cool with that as long as I come in first in the race--as always. Xavier said part of being an X-man is being a good citizen, which somehow means doing super in school. And, let's face it, I'm an awesome guy, but geometry just isn't my style. Silver is.

Not paying attention to the gang's joking, I noticed Kurt on his way down the opposite hall. "Hey, Kurt!" I called to him. He turned hysterically and then hurried away.

"'Sup. What's the rush, little boy blue?" I asked, now walking beside him mockingly.

"Nothing," he said in his funny accent. "I'm just on my way to meet someone."

"Ooh," I awed impressively. "Lucky boy blue finally found a mate."

"No!" Kurt claimed with a confused expression. "I have an interview with the new student. Hank is with Mystique who's with Charles at the moment so... I'm filling in since... I was voted the sweetest student."

"Don't you think this new kid will be a bit," I sizzled my tongue, "nervous if they saw... you?"

"I thought the same thing. But Principal Xavier said he's sure they won't mind."

"How?"

"He read their mind. Apparently they take a liking to the strange and blue."

"Sweet, so you're all covered?"

"Indeed," I sighed hopelessly for the hundredth time today. "I'm sorry, Peter. But I can't hang out today since the test is in one week."

"That's what everyone's saying."

I zipped off to my room and skimmed through my comic books. Nothing I haven't already read, of course. I was so tired of always being the one who waits for the world to catch up. In school, there's always someone who shares your powers or interests. But not me, not even with my friends. How am I supposed to keep up my reputation if my gang is split up and the dance is only three weeks away. I needed to step up my game. Normally pranking would've helped, but I've pranked everyone in the school--twice! Suddenly, just as fast as I came into my room, I had an idea.

RAVEN QUEEN'S POV

Being the new kid is bad enough without a thousand eyes glaring at me. But, on the plus side, at least I got a pretty funky tourist. Not to mention he's blue. That's my favorite color!

"As you can see, the dormitories are ordered by the code number of each student, so they vary." Kurt Wagner continued pompously. "Any questions so far?"

"Yeah, um, just one: where is my dorm exactly?" I questioned.

"Oh, right! It's at the end of the second floor, third door on your right."

"Right," I joked. We both chuckled a bit, and I saw his sharp teeth before he had a chance to conceal them behind his lips.

"Wow! That is so cool." When I reached out to touch him, we both back away from each other. Me, because I didn't have on my gloves. Him, I have no clue. Embarrassed, maybe. Without a moment's hesitation, I put on my gloves. "Are those real?"

Kurt just stood there, looking as bashful as Bashful the dwarf. "Yes, I was born with them. But... my parents didn't approve much."

"Well, at least you actually got a chance to show them who you are." I pointed out. "And check these markings. They're beautiful." I stared in awe as I touched the prints on his arm and traced them up to his shoulder. He was so motionless I thought the gloves hadn't worked.

"Kurt?" I called to him.

"Huh, oh, sorry. I kind of dozed off. It's just... I've never when called beautiful before."

I almost started to blush but stopped myself. I was a very good analysis and preferred the aliens over the athletes, but I hadn't realized I came in an attractive manner. I just liked to study my clients through touch instead of theory. I didn't want to get my hands too dirty, though.

I was about to reach out towards him again, when a zig-zag line zipped past me. I wasn't very surprised when I saw Peter fishing through my purse. I looked at my side to see it gone. What was he doing here? The last time I saw him was in his basement. Did he attend, too? NOOOOOO!

"Peter," Kurt mumbled without opened his teeth. "What are you do--?"

"This purse looks like it was made in a burrito factory instead of a purse one." Peter said, ignoring Kurt's question.

"It's none of your business." I snatched it out of his hand and back around my arm.

"Peter, you must get to studying. This test is serious. The whole school body is nerving off about it." Kurt warned.

"Not me," Peter acclaimed with a smile. I carefully examined his facial changed based on the ethical differentially on his mood pattern. Just as I looked in his eyes, his glanced changed from Kurt's to mine. I pretended to look at something over his shoulder, and then puffed out a breath.

"Welp, I will you see both later." He said in a fake British accent. After I was sure he left, I laughed with my hand over my mouth.

"Sorry about that," Kurt voluntarily spoke up.

"It's okay, it-- I mean, he really lightened the mood." We both laughed on that one. There was a dense silence within a few eye contacts.

"So...," Kurt spoke, breaking the ice. "On with the tour?"