4

Soojin's eyes were fixated on her toes as she stood before a wall that separated her from her classroom

Soojin's eyes were fixated on her toes as she stood before a wall that separated her from her classroom. A blush creeping up her cheeks as she smiled and bit the corner of her lips to make her stop.

It was a shame, turning Hoseok down.

Soojin remembered the day when she first met Hoseok, it was just another day for her of not bringing an assignment on it's due date, thus, avoiding going to class by hiding somewhere in the school campus.

It was a sunny day with the sun scorching above the school's football team playing close to where she was sitting but the hot rays couldn’t hit her as the wall she was leaning on covered her in shadow. She was laying her head on her kneecaps as she had brought them closer to her chest, Soojin just couldn’t but feel sleepy.

But the awful sound of two voices bickering made her snap back to reality and soon she felt the agitation running through her blood.

"God! It hurts! Can't you do it slowly?" A voice shouted from the other side of the wall.

"You whiny child! Just put some water on it and you’d be fine god darn it!" Another voice said with a snicker following by.

"But my knee's feeling like it's on fire!"

The bickering was going on and she could take it no more, so she stood up straight and took a turn, marched up to the two said boys and held her hand up.

"Here's a band-aid, now take it and shut the fuc-"

Her voice died down all of a sudden when she realized it was the most popular seniors, Kim Seokjin and Jung Hoseok sitting there watching her with curious eyes. Even she knew that they were the oh so famous football players of her school.

"You shocked me," Jung Hoseok piped, slowly a smile starting to creep up his face.

And that's how she had gotten to know him.

"Your face is red. Are you sick?" The boy from the train tracks appeared again startling her.

"You are back." For some reasons she actually felt relieved when she saw him again.

"Yeah, I wanted to look around and since you got occupied with the long face, I took my chance to do it."

She looked at him making her eyes wide being furious. "He isn't long face! His name is Hoseok!"

The boy chuckled amusingly. "What is he, your boyfriend?"

She looked away rolling her lips inside her mouth. "No"

"Did he ask you out? Were you blushing for that reason?" He asked curiously but she kept looking away, not facing him.

"He did! Didn't he?" He peeked his head in front of her.

"He did!" He yelled as her eyes met his.

"See? Someone does like you." He said softly and then smiled for the first time. His smile was genuine, it made creases around his eyes and scrunched up his small nose, and, somehow warmed up her cold heart. She wanted to tell him to smile more but couldn't.

9:45 AM

The bell rang as the first period was over. Students came outside their classes and the hallway was filled again.

She was going inside her classroom but a sudden scream stopped her. It got replaced with waves of laughter from several students. She looked at the boy and his lips were formed up in a smirk.

She lost to her curiosity and took a few steps towards to the crowd.

Those three girls that were laughing at her before, standing with their lockers open. There was mud all over them and the lockers were still dripping off it.

Apparently, someone pulled a horrible prank of attaching springs with muds in their lockers. One of the girls with dirt all over her face screamed at people to shut up which made them laugh even more.

Soojin wasn't laughing but she felt her throat going dry as she looked at the boy beside her. It would be a lie if she said she wasn't amused a little.

"I was bullied a lot too. Had to learn some pranks."