chapter-2

Diya's POV:

We entered the wankhede stadium and was awestruck by the view in front of us. I was more than just excited thinking that I was going to fulfill one of my huge dream.

I am a huge fan of the Indian international cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni since my early teenage. As I was surrounded by Msdians on all sides ,eventually I too became one. But now I have become the most craziest fan among all.

I've heard a quote,'Life is not a bed of roses'. I seriously agree it. But it will be more suitable if it is 'Getting tickets to watch a cricket match is not a bed of roses.' What all I had to do,to watch a live match?

Finally, here I'm with my tickets.

Today it was the 25th match of the IPL - Mumbai Indians vs Chennai super kings.

Though I'm a Mumbai native,I'm here to support Dhoni and his team Chennai

Though I'm a Mumbai native,I'm here to support Dhoni and his team Chennai. Dhoni won the toss and elected to bat first. Winning the toss was like winning the matches for me. I couldn't control the excitement bubbling inside me. Chennai team began batting. The runs where increasing gradually at a slower pace with wickets falling at regular intervals. The whole stadium was happy as their home team had higher chances to win. I too was happy, but for a different reason. Only when the wickets fall soon, Dhoni will come to strike soon.

Dhoni came to strike in the 8th over. He batted fiercely and increased the run rate. I stood mesmerized by his amazing batting skill. The chances of victory was snatched from Mumbai by Dhoni. His sixes were like a slap to the opponents.

******

Rishab's POV:

                    I don't know why but I'm so disoriented today. I'm concentrating less on the match which I know is not a good sign.

                    Moreover I'm made to stand near the boundary line where the ball very rarely comes.

Dhoni is on strike now. He hit a ball hard and it was coming towards my direction. I raised my hand as high as I could and the whole stadium was anticipating for me to take the catch. But Dhoni being Dhoni, his powerful strike made it fall among the audience.

I went a bit closer to the fence dividing me and the audience to get the ball back from the girl who caught it

I went a bit closer to the fence dividing me and the audience to get the ball back from the girl who caught it. As it was the last ball of the over and as it was also a time out now, I had enough time to check out the girl holding the ball.

She was wearing a black off sleeve dress with floral design which revealed her perfect curves. She had dark brown eyes which perfectly matched with her dark brown hair.

 She had dark brown eyes which perfectly matched with her dark brown hair

                (Ignore the background)

She was hugging the ball close to her bosom as if it meant everything to her.

"Hey, give the ball back" I shouted as it was too noisy in the stadium.

"No , I won't. Please, don't snatch it from me!"

Snatch it? I asked correctly only right? Did she get me wrong? I meant the ball, which is I'm sure not hers. And by saying ball, I just meant the cricket ball. Nothing else.

"What?It's just a ball. If u want I'll buy one after the match,now give it." I really don't know why I said that. Why should I buy her a ball? Maybe if I say so she might give it back and we can resume the game without me calling the security and creating a scene. Yeah! I said so because of her and my own good .

"No,no,no!!! This was hit by Dhoni. I won't give it back. Please don't ask for it." she made a puppy face which I could not resist to  look away.

No it was not irresistible. She seemed innocent and I didn't want to hurt her,that's all. It is not like she was cute and all.

Arghhh...whatever, why do I even bother?

I understood from her weird behavior that she was a craziest fan of Dhoni.

Ok fine, I know how to get the ball from her.

"Okay. We will set a deal .I'll give you Dhoni's phone number and you should give the ball back." I said and smirked at her.

I still doubt whether I'm doing the right thing. Should I  call the security or report to the umpire instead of setting deals with her?

She seemed to think for a while and answered after a long time .

"Okay deal."

She gave the ball back after I gave her the number and the game resumed. I couldn't concentrate much on the game again, but now it was as her puppy face didn't leave my mind. But seriously I don't even know why! One thing I knew I'm not on my right mind.

Suddenly the stadium started shouting which gathered my attention back.

"Rishab! Rishab! Rishab!."

What the hell?? Why are they shouting my name?? I turned left and right and realized
that a ball was coming towards my direction.

Stumbling at last, I caught the ball without even knowing who hit it. Good that I did.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n : hey guys . I know this chapter is a bit boring as it is mostly based on cricket. But I can assure the upcoming updates will not have much of cricket
Finally our hero and heroine met each other!!!!