Chapter 5

Today was the big day, the day where my life was never gonna be the same again. There was a lot going on in my head right now. I was nervous, scared but excited all at the same time. I heard my doorbell ring. I ran downstairs and it was Audrey.

"Ready to go," she says.

"Just about, let me go grab my jacket."

I run upstairs and grab my jacket and my good luck necklace. Its a long story behind the necklace thats for another time. We leave and head to the ceremony. Its about time for her speech. I am more nervous then i have ever been in my life.
She walks up to the stand and this is where our lives changed forever.

"First of all i wanted to thank every single last one of you guys for coming out tonight and celebrating the class of 2017. This year for me have had my ups and downs but it is by far one of my best years. Ive met a lot of new people, I've had my friends and family supporting me through it all, and most of all i fell in love. There is something that i have been hiding from everyone...."
Everything was silent for a moment .. my heart was racing.
"Im gay," she says. "And the person that i fell in love with is ....
My heart dropped and everyone was on the edge of their seats ...
"Isssss ... Leila," she finally blerts out

I start heading up there with my head down cause i know that as i walk up there everyone is staring at me..

"I am in love with this girl," she continues to say, "I know this is a shock to all of you but i need you guys to understand where i am coming from. Thank you," as we walk off the stage.

We sit down and wait for our names to be called as we walk across the stage. After the ceremony is over we go and find our parents. Im scared at what they are going to say. Me and Audrey see my parents first. We walk up to them holding hands.

My dad cleared his throat before he said anything. "Well this is news to me but you know i cant tolerate it in my house. I thought you knew that we didn't accept that," he said with a disgusted face. My family walked away and left.
We seen Audrey's parents standing there waiting for us. We walked over to them.
"We arent very happy with you Audrey, but you are our daughter and we have to support you no matter how much we dont like it," her dad said.

I started to cry thinking about what my family had just said to me. How come my family couldnt support me like her family does. I walked away and Audrey followed me.

"Are you ok?"

"No i dont have the same support system you have. Your family doesnt like it but they still support you, my family disowned me..."

"Its gonna be okay," Audrey said, "We are going to figure this out together. Lets go talk to my parents and see what they say maybe you can come stay with us."

I stand up and we start walking over to her parents when my parents came in front of us. I didnt even see them coming.

"I just came back to say that you need to be out...." as Audrey cuts her off

"She will be out of your house tonight and she is gonna come live with me... I just dont understand how you can just disown a person you "love" just because she is the slightest bit different."

Audrey took me by my arm and we walked over to her parents.

"Dad..." Audrey starts, "Leilas parents just kicked her out of her house and she has no where else to go and i was wondering if she can come stay with us...? I know its a lot to ask giving what i just said but this is her only option."

He looks over at me as i have tears rolling down my face.

"Yes she can come stay with us, but there will be rules put in place"

I honestly dont know how i feel about living with her and her family.. Like ive wanted this for so long but it was always a fantasy and now it is actually coming true. I dont know whether to be happy about living with my dream girl or sad that my family just disowned me.