Chapter 4

This whole secret relationship thing is starting to stress me out.. its been about 3 months and I'm dying. I want to tell everyone that we are going out but that would be really bogus of me. So i just decided to go and talk to Audrey about it. We are graduating next month so i hope she doesn't have a problem with it.
I walked over to Audrey's house. We walked upstairs and i sat on the bed. She walked over to me and started kissing me. I pushed her off and told her to stop. She looked at me like i was crazy.
"We need to talk," i said.
"Oh god what did i do now"
"Im dying not being able to tell everyone that we are going out. We are graduating next month so don't u think that its time for you to come out."
"I don't think that I'm ready to come out yet Leila. Why cant u understand that."
"Are you ever gonna be ready to come out??"
"I will eventually just not now."
"Well I'm ready now so when you are ready to come out then you give me a call."
I walked out of her room and left. I called my best friend over to tell her what happened.
"Girl what did you do now," my best friend said.
"I gave her an ultimatum and said either u come out..."
Before i could finish my sentence my phone rang. It was Audrey calling. I answered and put it on speaker phone.
"Yes," i said.
"Lets make a deal,"she said.
"And what would that be Audrey," i said kind of angrily.
"Since i am valedictorian i will be giving my speech, in my speech i will come out to everyone... if you come up when i say it and come out to your family.."
It was silent for a second.
"So is that a deal Leila?"
I gave myself a second to think. Was i ready to come out to my parents. The whole school already knew. Were they gonna disown me? I loved her so much that i was willing to risk my relationship with my parents for her.
"Yes thats a deal Audrey."
"Good then its settled. We'll talk about it later. Goodnight."
"Goodnight."
When i hung up the phone i looked at my best friend and she was giving me the death stare. I already knew that she was gonna try and talk me out of it.
"Are you sure this is what you want to do," she said, "are you willing to risk your relationship with your parents for her.?"
"I have to do it now," i said, "or ill never do it."
She seemed very unsure about it but i knew what i was doing. I was ready for it. Ive been waiting on this moment since me and Audrey got together.
Its the day before graduation so i headed over to Audrey's house to talk about what is going to be happening tomorrow.
"Are you ready for tomorrow," Audrey said.
"As ready as i can be," as we chuckled a little.
"Well I'm going to give my speech you know saying how I've grown or whatever and in the middle of the speech I'm gonna say how I've been hiding something from everybody and how i think now is the time to say it. Im going to say that I'm gay and how I've been dating someone. At that time ill say that person come up here and thats when you'll walk up. We'll kiss or whatever to prove to them thats it true. Are you ok with that plan?"
That was a lot and i had to give myself a minute to rap this around my head. Was tomorrow really the day my life ends??
"Yes I'm ok with that plan." I said.
"Good so its settled. Why don't u ask your parents if you can stay the night. Since it'll probably be our last nights staying the night till we move out."
I called my mom and asked if i could stay the night and of course she said yes. We lay there for a while staring at the ceiling thinking about what is going to happen tomorrow.