Chapter 3

As we continued our journey, I noticed what El was wearing for the first time in forty-six days. She was dressed in cotton shorts, A white singlet and a blue, green flannel. Well, the wasn't exactly clean. there was blood in spots and dirt covering her. The same was for me too. Everyone was dirty a lot. We couldn't shower very often but that didn't mean we reeked, we still smelt alright. 

El's backpack was full of stuff, clothes, a blanket, a waterbottle and a packet of gum. I don't know why, but whenever she pulls that gum out, she has to walk away from us. No one follows her, and I bet she's grateful. EL then pointed and muttered something like 'there, go there'

"So, El, do you have a weapon? I mean, you can't defend yourself with your hands all the time." I asked, snooping like I normally do. she turned briefly then continued her pace towards the way she had pointed to just before.

"Yes, I have a gun. But it's unlikely we'll run into trouble." El was confident in her words. Fifteen and carries a gun, wow I thought cynically. I couldn't blame her, I did to. that's because summoning thunder and lightning takes time, time you don't have when a soldier attacks you. 

We continued our journey to the Woolworths, only to discover it not there. El gasped as she took in the sight before us. The 'Woolworths' was nothing more than I pile of rumble. A few crys and groans of pain rang through my ears as I realised this was recent. El keeled over and vomited up the little contents of her stomach. I was ready to as well, but held it grabbing El by her shoulders lifting her and running to a safe looking car. obviously it was broken down but still was quite comfortable. It looked like a werewolf owned it before it broke down, mainly because of the shredded hair that was everywhere.

El was sobbing slightly, I tried to hold her like they do in the movies I watched, but it just made it very uncomfortable for me. About ten minutes later, EL pulled away from me, muttered thanks then got out of the car. I followed silently. El continued past the rumble mess of Woolworths, heading for a random store with faded signs. El walked straight to the back of it and smiled.

"Found the perect replacement" I looked behind her and realised there was a small window at the store, She just found our solution.