Chapter 9

"What the hell do you mean she's the prophecy? What prophecy?" I was livid. I had no idea what was happening, and I was hungry. The old man just smiled ruefully and snorted.

"The prophecy. One of the Elders died a few weeks back, tragic fire in the Eastern end of Melbourne and-" 

"We heard that, we saw the fire from the hill so we went around to an area where it looked safe" I was less angry now, I obviously hadn't missed much. 

"Yes, well, the Elder that died there, had a prophecy before he died, and sent his knowledge to us. The prophecy read of a young girl, who's powers were stronger than anyone else's" A strange poem rang through my head as he finished his sentence. 

From magic's pain and mortal reign

One stands better to end

One whose power outshines 

A female whose power unknown will bend

A show themselves at the right time

I scrunched my face up in confusion. What the hell was that poem? I looked straight at the old man and sighed. 

"Ok, so, you people think it's Weds?" the old man nodded to my question. "But, she's a baby, one and a half years old! She can't save us yet, it's will be long before her mother lets us put her in harms way" My head pain was gone, now my brain was just turning over this information repeatedly. The old man looked around the room thoughtfully, probably thinking of the best way to solve this. 

"We do think it's Weds, but we won't know until we examine the prophecy closer. No she can't save us yet... But we can trained her. There's a camp, up near Brisbane, hidden in the old subways. That the mundanes don't know about. We have been training our army up there and now, we can train Weds. And, we aren't in the same area of Melbourne as you were, more seaside" As soon as he finished his speech, the old man walked to the blanket, lifted it, and left. I sat on the bed and thought about it. Training, a home and probably people my age, maybe we could, but first I'd have to talk to Tess. Tess.... She wouldn't want to give up Weds, but John and El were probably excited for Weds. Just thinking about this made my head hurt again, except, this time, it was mental pain from thinking, not pain from being whacked to shit.