Chapter 8

When I woke again, a stranger was standing over me. I flinched away from them, resulting in my head pounding. I groaned, it seemed to be my favourite thing to do at the moment. Then my surroundings hit me. I wasn't in the cold room anymore, I was out in the open, kind of. There was a bright light coming from a window to my left, which was probably daylight. As I looked over the room a bit more, the face of the same stranger had moved to the small blanket that was acting as a door. I sat up and cussed, the pain was slowly going away but not properly. The stranger spoke.

"Are you hungry, Ash?" the voice was light, and obviously female. I was just about to ay yes when something struck me as odd.

"How do you know my name?"

"You're friend, El, was screaming it quite loudly"

"Who are you?" The stranger walked toward me and smiled. I recognised her description instantly. Ice blue eyes, dirty blonde hair and a small body. 

"Hello, John's wife." The stranger was stunned. It was clear on her face that she wasn't expecting me to know her. I smirked as she regained the smile. 

"Hello. Johnson is his last name, not his first. My name is Mallory, Mal for short" I nodded as I finally gained knowledge of her name. 

"Where's El? and Tess?" Mal's face dropped. I stood up and began rubbing my temples. "Where are they, Mal?"

"You can't see them, they are with the council, as is John, as you say his name is."

"Take me to them. Now."

"I can't."

"Bullshit"

"Not bullshit. The council will have you killed."

"Why aren't I in there?" Mal looked me over expectantly. My injury was obviously what she mean't. I sighed.

"Ok whatever, did you guys hit me?" Mal laughed, it was a nice sound. It matched her beautiful face. 

"No, soldiers did. As they were dragging you away, a bunch of my group jumped them and grabbed you. We put you in the basement, just in case you weren't magic, but" Mal's brow furrowed. I looked at her with confusion. 

"But what?" Mal shook her head.

"El's scream, it wasn't what alerted us of your condition, Weds, the baby, was talking, telepathically. She was connected to about eight of us, including you and your friends. We-" Mal was cut off but the blanket being moved and there stood an old man with a old red robe on. 

"Mallory, you were to tell us when this one woke. Leave" Mal looked down and muttered goodbye and rushed out of the room. The man walked further into the room, closer to me. I moved back until I almost touched the bed. The man chuckled. 

"Boy, don't be scared. I have some news for you."

"What kind of news?"

"Well, you and your friends are a miracle you know?" I scowled

"No, I didn't, can you please tell me the news" The old man's eyes lit up. I noticed his eyes were brown, not green or blue. 

"Well, you and your friends brought with you, a great gift, you brought the prophecy with you"

Well, shit.