Chapter Sixteen: I Like You

Greyson

"What do you want to know? What I like about your personality or appearance wise?" He smirked and I laughed while stirring the straw in my drink. I suddenly felt embarrassed about asking that question and my cheeks heated slightly, however, I was curious.

"Either, just favourite thing." I said softly while meeting his gaze and I watched as his arms flexed slightly as he clasped his hands on the table. He was wearing a short sleeved shirt with the tattoos littering his skin, Jackson was extremely fit. He had biceps the size of my head.

"My absolute favourite thing about you is how you do not care what other people think about you. That's something hard to do, not everyone can do it."

"That's probably just a chemical imbalance within my brain. You know that, right?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"If you'd like me to pick something else, you just have to ask." He told me and I waited for him to speak.

"I like how much you care for your family. Your brothers, I care for mine a lot and it's nice to see that you care for yours. Like you'd do anything for them. I don't even think you realize it." He said and I smiled while staring at the ice cubes in my drink and I stirred them quietly before I chuckled

"Really? Not my witty charm? My creative threats?" I asked.

"Of course, those are just the add-ons that make you great." He assured.

-----

"Where did you go?" Mom asked as I stepped into the door, I held onto my bag while walking into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. I know what she did and I wanted to be mad but something was almost blocking that part of me and I hated it.

"I had dinner with Jackson." I said simply while opening the water I had and taking a long drink of it and my mother looked at me surprised.

"Dinner? Jackson? Where? Who is Jackson? Holy shit it was a date!" She said.

"At the mall and Jackson McKinnon." I answered while staring at her as she stared at me with wide eyes.

"Sam!" Mom screamed while running down the hallway and I cringed at the high pitch of her voice and at the possibility of her telling everyone who existed.

"What!?" Uncle Sam screamed back.

"Greyson went on a date! What do we do!?" She yelled and I shook my head.

"Let's shout it to the world." I growled feeling angry. As I began to feel anger boil a sharp pain emerged in the back of my skull.

"Ow..." I whispered while touching the spot at the back of my head, it was at the base of my skull, moving up to the top and I squeezed my eyes shut at the feeling.

"Oh my God!" Uncle Sam screamed.

"I know! She's only seventeen! Do we ground her!?" The two were about five feet away from each other screaming at the top of their lungs. The fact that the whole house could hear was pissing me off but as I got more angry that pain increased in the back of my head.

"What is happening?" I whispered while my vision blurred. I held onto the stairwell post tightly while trying to steady myself.

"Are you a fucking idiot!? You were seventeen when you started seeing Johnny! You throw a box of birth control and condoms at her head!" Uncle Sam said. I bit back a yell and made my way up the stairs. I stumbled against the wall and felt my canines descend. What the fuck was happening?

William came out of his room looking at his phone and he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Grey? Are you okay?" He asked staring at me. I snarled and grabbed the back of my head and shoved Will out of the way. I stormed into my bedroom and threw my bag down and the water bottle I had and I went into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were pitch black.