7 Minutes in Heaven

Au where everyone is human and Kaneki has a crush on Touka.

---

Staring at those two awkward teenagers, Hide decided that since it has been a few months already and his best friend still didn't have the balls to confess to his crush, it was time for him to do something about it. He pulled Yoriko aside and whispered into her ear about his plan.

Next day...

"So can someone tell me why is everyone at my place today?" Kaneki asked as he stared at the 3 people in front of him, in his house, in his room.

Touka didn't reply as she was busy scanning his room. His room smells nice...

Yoriko grinned while Hide smirked. "We're going to play 7 minutes of heaven today."

"What? Why this game all of a sudden? How do you even play with only 4 players?" Kaneki asked, glancing over to Touka as his mind was filled with many thoughts. It would be nice if I could have 7 minutes with Kirishima-San... His cheeks warmed.

The violet haired female caught him gazing at her and blushed as she avoided his gaze while pushing her hair behind her ear. Kaneki quickly turned away, cheeks burning. She saw me looking at her..!

"Don't worry about that! Pick one!" Hide held out a few sticks in his hand. But knowing him, he would do anything to get his best friend and his crush together. So he cheated a little.

Kaneki and Touka just so "happened" to pick out the stick with the same color. They looked at each other before they were both forced into Kaneki's storage room. The door locked behind them and they could hear Hide from outside saying, "Have fun guys! Yoriko and I are just going to be out here playing video games! Take your time!"

The black haired male face palmed. "I'm so sorry, Kirishima-san... Hide is always like this..."

Touka clasped her hands together and fiddled with her fingers whilst her attention was directed at the floor. She was in a room, alone with Kaneki. She could feel herself getting nervous already. "I-I don't mind..."

His heart raced. Hide gave him a chance and he knows he should grab it. But he's not mentally ready yet. Hell, he'll never be ready. That's why he should do it now. Okay, keep calm. You can do this! It's now or never! He opened his mouth and stuttered, "K-Kirishima-San. I need to tell you something."

The violet haired female looked up and their eyes locked.

Inhale, exhale. Come on! Say it!

"I-I have liked you for quite some time now! Please go out with me!" Kaneki said and prepared himself to get rejected. Being as dense as ever, he thought Touka didn't like him.

Touka stopped playing with her fingers and stared straight at him. His breath caught from her gaze and he swallowed. He could even hear his heart beat in his ears as he waited for her answer. She smiled. "Thank you. Yes, I will go out with you."

His eyes widened and he felt this weird feeling in his chest. Did she just say that she'll go out with him? It must be my mind playing tricks. "U-um I'm sorry, could you repeat what you just said?"

She giggled. "Jeez, I said I would go out with you."

"Pinch me."

Her hands moved to pinch his cheeks and he winced in pain. "This is real..."

"Of course it is real..." Touka chuckled as she stared at him standing over there, looking flabbergasted.

His face then broke into a grin and he could feel happiness from the bottom of his heart swelling up. "R-really? You'll go out with me? I mean, I'm just a normal guy and I don't really have any experience in all these dating stuff..."

"I don't have experience too. Let's learn together, okay Kaneki?"

She called my name! "Y-yes! T-Touka...-San."

"Just Touka is fine."

"Ah okay—" he was interrupted as she closed the gap between them and pressed her lips on his cheek. She pulled back and even in the darkness, she could still see his cheeks turning red. Dork. He's so cute.

He just stood there without moving an inch before it registered in his mind that he just got kissed. No, he can't just stand there and let her do all the work! He needs to return it! Taking one step towards her, he held one of her hands into his and gazed into her blue eyes. "C-can I kiss you?"

She smiled. "You don't have to ask."

His face slowly inched in closer and closer until they could feel each other's breaths and he could tell that she's nervous as well. Tilting his head slightly to the right, he pressed his lips to hers. Their eyes closed and Touka's hands released from his and moved to rest on his chest. Wanting to be closer, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

Lacking air, they pulled back hesitantly and looked at each other.

"That was my first kiss..." Touka said.

"It was mine too..." Kaneki replied.

They laughed and then closed in again for another kiss. While they were in the middle of kissing, the storage door
opened from the outside and Hide shouted, "7 minutes is up, guys! Damn I really did the right thing by forcing you guys to play this game! Look at you guys sucking face!"

Kaneki and Touka pulled back from each other and their cheeks burned. It was so embarrassing to be caught kissing by their friends.

Hide wrapped an arm around his best friend's neck and pulled him close enough to whisper to him. "So you finally confessed to her, you wimp. I helped a lot, didn't I?"

Kaneki sighed heavily. "Yes yes Hide-sama. I'll treat you to a meal next time."

Hide jumped in victory and shook his butt. "Woohoo! A free meal!"

Yoriko walked towards her best friend. "Good for you eh, Touka-chan? You finally got to be a couple with the guy you like."

Touka blushed at the word 'couple'. "Yeah.. I guess I need to thank Hide and you..."

Yoriko grinned. "Hehe you're welcome!"

"Yoriko! It's time for us to leave! Let's leave these two newly-weds alone!" Hide called.

"Oh that's right!" Yoriko said as she made her way with Hide towards the door. "Have fun alone guys!"

The couple shouted in embarrassment. "We are not newly-weds!"

The door slammed behind them and they gazed at each other before they went back to kissing.

Happily ever after.

---

So I suddenly had this 7 minutes in heaven while I was playing this Episode game. Does any of you play the game Episode???