MIDWIFE'S LAMENT

"Ah! Jesus, fucking, son of a- Oh, a crow..." You had fallen to the floor as a crow flew past you quickly as you opened a window to climb in.

Blake laughed as he took quickly climbed into the window in front of you.

There was nothing special in the house, so the two of you had quickly made your way through the house and out the back door.

"We going through the fence?" Blake asks you, you shrug, trying to look for any other way to leave the back garden.

"I guess so." You kneel down and crawl under the fence.

As you stand up, you notice a breeze, you shiver and zip up your jacket, putting the hood up along with it.

"You look like a guy." Blake snorts as he shines the flashlight from his camera on your face.

"I do not!" You huff, turning away from him.

"You do! You can only see some hair here." He follows you and messes up the hair that was sticking out of the hood, you furrow your eyebrows and continue walking.

You had found a small pass and walked down it, with Blake putting the flashlight on his camera so you can see as clear as him.

The path had many crosses on the side, the crosses stopped when you came across a door.

"Satanas Inimical Dei... Satan..." Blake reads out what was written on top of the door, but you cut him off as he tries to figure out what it says.

"Satan harms God." You quickly read.

"You know Latin?"

"No? I don't even think it is Latin." You shrug as you walk through the door.

As you walk through the small hall, Blake puts his camera down as you notice light, you also notice the smell of blood getting stronger and stronger.

"Jesus Christ." Blake quickly makes his way over to the crib filled with hay and blood, there was blood around it and flies swarming.

"There's a note! I think it's a song..." You pick up the bloody piece of paper.

"Midwife's Lament
The babe is coming,
ready the knife.
The babe is coming,
Night's midwife.
Mother to the enemy stained within,
Gods creation saved with sin."

"Oh, look, it says this is the chorus, maybe it's a gospel-"

"Just read out the rest of it, {Y/N}."

"Hallelujah, stay the storm-"

"Don't fucking sing it."

"Fine, you're such a bore."

"No longer must we wait.
For come the dawn the enemy born.
To die in Temple Gate.
The babe is growing
Her belly swells
The babe is growing
Sent from hell
Ezekiel waits a sharpening his blade
Gather at the gate we kneel and pray
Chorus!
Hallelujah, save the-"

"I'm gonna kill myself if I have to deal with you reading anymore notes I swear to god."

"I was getting into the creepy Christian mood! Is that so wrong?"

"Yes."