Chapter 20

Chapter 20- Carter’s POV

                We walked into the bus and Joe and Brendon were talking about going out tonight. “Yeah I heard about this awesome new place,” Joe says, “ We should go check it out.”

                “Yeah,” I said, “Sounds like fun.”

                After a couple of hours of debating and looking through the travel closet we all shared and my suitcases, I decided on a black lace dress that complemented my curves. I changed in the bathroom so the guys could change if they wanted to. I put on thick black eyeliner with pale silver eye shadow. I grab my red heels, and exit the bathroom to see a half dressed Brendon. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry… do you want me to just-“ I started.

                “No,” Brendon says,” It’s fine.” I looked down at my shoes, not knowing what else to do. “You like what you see?” He asks flirtatiously.

                “No comment,” I said. What can I, Brendon is a very attractive guy that I kind of have feelings for. No big deal. “You know you do,” he says coming closer to me. “Oh really,” I say sarcastically.

                “Yeah. And you know that thing.”

                “What think?”

                “That thing I said I was gonna do.”

                “Oh, you mean that thing.

                “Yeah, that thing. Well I’m about to do it again,” he says before crashing his lips into mine. This kiss was soft, but passionate. It was all I could think about, not Patrick, not the show, not anything else. I stated running my fingers through his dark hair as he smirked into the kiss, making it deeper. I broke it. “I can’t do this,” I said, “It isn’t right.”

                “I can’t stop thinking about New York,” he says as I turn around, “ It keeps playing over and over in my head and it hurts. It hurts that I think about you all the time. And then you go and do stuff like use my shoulder as a pillow or this and call it a mistake. Things keep on pulling us together and do even bother thinking that you chose the wrong one?”

                “All of the time,” I mumble walking out the back room, “I ask myself that all of the time.” I walk out of the bus and sat on the sidewalk with Patrick “Why me?” I asked, “Why out of all the people you could be with, you chose me?”

                “You wanna know why I chose you,” he says, “It was the first day of rehearsals. You were in yoga pants and your hair was falling out of your ponytail. You turned to face the mirror, while we were taking a break, you put on your headphones and started belting Anything Goes and tap dancing. I asked what were you doing and you answered, ‘There’s always room for some work.’ I chose you because I realized in that moment that as long as I was with you, there was nothing to work on.”