WAMS

[Song: WAMS by Fall Out Boy]

Ian was a wonder. He was quiet and didn't talk to many, yet if he talked you tended to listen. There was something alluring about his demeanor. Something that drove Max wild.

Call what Max felt towards Ian a crush, or infatuation, or borderline obsession. Whatever you chose to label it as, know that Max was fascinated by Ian.

Max was different than Ian. Everyone knew and adored Max. If you didn't want to be Max's friend, you wanted to be Max. Max had an undeniable charm.

That's how he would get Ian to like him back.

Max walked over to Ian's lunch table, where the mysterious boy sat alone, and sat down.

Ian didn't even look up from the book he had his nose in before speaking, "What do you want?"

"Just wanted to talk to you, cutie," Max smirked.

Ian closed his book and laughed. "Don't 'cutie' me. Why are you over here, Max. Go hang out with one of your adoring fans."

"They're all fake," Max complained. "I want something real for once."

"News flash, Max, you're about as fake as it gets." Ian stood, packed his things up and left. Max was in shock. The weird guy just rejected the one everyone wanted. Not only that, he did it in front of the whole cafeteria. Hopefully no one important hea-

"Yo Max, did the fucking freak just reject you?" One of Max's 'friends' laughed.

Max stood from his chair and walked out of the cafeteria. He went outside, wanting to just go home and get away.

When he got outside, he saw Ian leaning against the wall of the school, on his phone. Max saw this as an opportunity.

Max walked over to Ian and tapped him on the shoulder. Ian looked at Max and scoffed, "What you can't take a hint?"

"I can take a hint," Max started. "I just don't get it."

"What makes you so special, Max?"

"What?" Max questioned. "What are you talking about?"

"What makes you so special?" Ian asked again. "Why does everyone like you?"

"I don't know.. " Max sighed. "What about you? Why are you different than everyone else?"

"I see things differently," Ian concluded. "School isn't a popularity contest, it's a place you're sent to learn information you'll forget after a few years, a place where they want everyone to think as one before shoving them off into the real world with no guidance whatsoever. I don't want friends or anything, I don't want to be here at all. Everyone here will forget each other in a few years and your name will never mean anything to them ever again."

"Wow," Max said, taking everything in. "That'sone hell of a way to think."

"Thats called seeing things as they are."

"Thats why I like you," Max said. "You're not like everyone else."

"You are."

"Teach me how to change," Max begged.

"Fine," Ian agreed.

Max smiled and gave Ian a kiss on the cheek before running off. Ian wiped his cheek and walked away from the school. They were an unlikely duo, but they were weeks away from being inseparable.

×+×+

This seems like it can be continued but I don't have the time or ideas for it.