Sorry seems to be the hardest word

You breathed in and out and for the last time you checked your reflection in the mirror. You could barely control all the emotions running through your veins, but you straightened your back, tensed your muscles and then tried to relax them again. If you wanted Klaus to pay for everything he had done to Isaac, you had to be convincing. After one more sigh you rang the doorbell.

"Yes, how can I help..." Klaus couldn't finish his sentence. As soon as he saw you his eyes widened and then a smile spread across his face. "I see the lost sheep has found her way home?" He opened the door a little wider and he cocked his head as a silent invitation.

"Yes..." You hesitated for a moment and hoped that the original hybrid wouldn't hear your heart racing in your chest. "I want to say sorry for everything I've said and done."

"Well, well, an apology!" Klaus lead you to the living room and you had to force yourself not to remember how Isaac had been walking next to you when you had first been here. "I do have to admit I had thought you would have needed a few centuries to get over your big loss." He emphasized the big and you felt the anger spreading through your veins.

In your mind you repeated the same words over and over. If you would manage to convince Klaus of your love for him, you would get to be the one to kill him. "I think you were right." Your own words were however hurting you more than you would ever be able to explain. "Isaac was only a stupid teenager and he can easily be replaced." You paused for a moment to swallow the guilt away. "You are one of a kind and I can't live without you any longer."

"What a sudden change in behavior!" Klaus sat down in his comfortable chair and he folded his hands. In his eyes the disbelief was clearly visible. He didn't believe you. He didn't believe a word of what you were saying.

"The pack forced me to leave Beacon Hills." You rolled your eyes and wondered if he was simply going to let you stand here or if he was going to invite you to sit down. "They were afraid I would get even more people killed." At least you weren't lying about that. You were only lying about who they were afraid for.

"Your dear teenage wolf friends are blaming you for the unfortunate ending their pack mate has faced?" Klaus threw his head in his neck while he started laughing. "And then one wonders why werewolves and vampires will never share a close friendship." He shook his head, but his eyes were still glimmering.

You had to bite your lip to make sure you wouldn't say things you would regret for the rest of your life. Although, you were afraid your life wouldn't last that long anymore if you would say what was going through your mind. "I have learned my lesson." You bent your head and stared at your feet. "I should have gone with you when I had the chance."

"O, but your chance isn't gone, love. We have an eternity together. I would say there is still quite some time left to make up for your mistake, don't you think?" He cocked his head slightly and you nodded.