1. The Kiss

Van Helsing pulls Anna back. "I don't like this plan." She stated scared.

"We don't have a choice. Just don't get killed."

"You still don't understand. It doesn't matter what happens to me. We must save my family." She replied about to take off.

Van Helsing pulled her back again. "Anna, if you're late, run like hell." She nods. "Don't be late."

Anna gasps and looks at him. Van Helsing looks back at her and they stare at each other for a moment. Anna suddenly grabs Van Helsing by the neck pulling him to her and kisses him passionately. He hesitates, but pulls her closer and deepens it. The kiss only last for about ten seconds before they pull away. "I will save you. I promise." She whispers not quite pulling away completely.

"Stake me if you're late."

She tears up and one tear falls. "I can't. I won't lose you too."

"You must. I won't live to be a warewolf forever."

She shakes her head as another stray tear falls. "No. No, I can't. I won't. I will get the cure to you on time. I won't be late. I can't lose the only person left that I love. If I lose you, I will truly be alone. I couldn't bare the thought of that."

"Then hurry. I love you too. And be careful."

She pecks him on the lips and leaves.

After getting the cure, Carl took care of Aleera while Anna took the cure to Van Helsing. Igor pulled the gate on himself by accident trying to trap the two in the room killing himself. Anna had found Van Helsing still in warewolf form bent over the dead body of Dracula. Anna yelled running with the cure in hand and the wolf turned around. He growled, but his human voice yelled out in his head keeping the wolf at bay. Anna lodged the needle of the syringe into his abdomen and watched as it transformed Van Helsing back to his human self. "You made it."

"I told you I would. You killed Dracula and saved my family. Thank you."

"My mission is over. Carl and I must return to Rome. Back to Vatican City. When we get back, I will have Carl cable them."

She tears up again. "What?! You can't leave. I need you. I want you to stay. Here with me."

Van Helsing steps closer to her after putting his clothes back on and lifts her chin gently. "We can talk back at the manor." He said softly and picked her up.

Anna wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist as she layed her head on his shoulder.

They found Carl and went back to the mirror. Van Helsing opened the door and walked through holding Anna. Carl followed and went to the tower to cable The Vatican. Van Helsing sat Anna on her feet and looked at her. "I have no family left, Mr. Van Helsing. I am alone in this world with one person to love. But the man I love has to leave to return from his mission." She told him sadly looking away.

"You're not alone, Anna. You never will be."

"You're leaving me."

"No, Anna. I am not. I assure you. Yes, I must return from my mission, but I will be back. For you and to stay. I will let the Cardinal know of what happened and I will return to Transylvania to you. I love you, Anna. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with you. A mere couple of days and I knew. You're my missing piece, Anna. My other half."

She looks at him starting to cry. "You promise?"

He pulled her close into a tight, warm embrace. "I promise. I will come back and I will stay for good."

Anna hugged him tight and he picked her up to take her to her room. She took off her boots and got into bed. Van Helsing turned to go to his guest room when Anna called him. "Gabriel."

He turned around to look at her. "Yes?"

She reached out to him. "Stay with me. Please."

"Why?" He asked curiously.

"Because I'm scared and you're leaving tomorrow. I want to spend what time I can with you before then."

He took off his coat, hat, and sweater along with his boots and got into bed next to her. Anna scooted closer to him pulling him down kissing him softly. He returned the kiss and wrapped his arms around her waist. They layed down and pulled away. Anna layed her head on his chest and closed her eyes. Gabriel kissed the top of her head. "Good nite, Anna." He whispered.

"Nite, My Love." She murmured.