Hurting

"It (your makeup) looks slutty.""You look like a slut.""That outfit looks hoochie (slutty).""I worry that you'll get raped someday.""The whole outfit is too tight." (you look slutty.)

my mom has said so many things along these lines to me in just the last few months and I can't take it any more. I just want to wear things in my own style without my parents fussing about it for once.

so far they've told me they dislike the following:

the chokers I wear.

the jeggings I paid for.

the miniskirts I wear over leggings and jeggings.

the fact that I like to use a little color on my eyes. Not overdone, just a thin blue line near my lashes.

the fact that I actually enjoy some secular music.

my taste in guys.

my character designs and the costumes included.

the scary stories I write.

the depressing songs and poems I've written.

90% of my friends and choices regarding my friends.

the fact that I refuse to actually open up to them.

Basically, everything and everyone I care about has been criticized, over and over and over again, time after time after time. If only they'd realize that maybe the reason I won't open up, the reason I'm so defiant yet quiet, is because of the fact that I'm afraid they'll just tell me I'm wrong again. That my style is slutty. That my friends are horrible people, along with the guys I fall for.

I can't be myself without criticism from people I have to live with. I just want out of this phony costume and into my own skin.