Chapter eleven.

Dana's P.O.V.

I woke up that morning feeling tired, my thighs ached, Damien was long gone from my bed. I looked over at the small note kept on my desk, picked it up and read.

Sorry I left Dana, I had to go, it wouldn't be nice if someone saw us together. I'm doing this to protect you. Hope you understand, last night was great, hope you enjoyed it

I scoffed "seriously?" I squeezed the paper and threw it across my room. "So rude."

I heard some voices coming from outside, I climbed out of bed and walked over to my window and looked out. It was the people Miguel had warned me about.

"Oh no...not here." I quickly wore my clothes and rushed down the stairs. I went outside and the whole attention was turned towards me.

"Yes that's the thief!" A man pointed at me.

What an embarrassment, Mrs Grey, Magdalene, Maryanne, and mist especially Damien, was out.

"Dana why didn't you tell anyone about this?" Maryanne asked "you know you can always count on us."

I nodded "I never thought so. I'm so sorry Mrs Grey, but I didn't plan on this."

Damien sighed, he pulled out his cheque book and began to write. Then after he walked over to them and handed each of them a note. Then he walked back to us.

"Case settled." He said.

I smiled "thanks Damien"

Damien helped me with the bills and everything was back to normal.

Few hours everyone had left the house I was still at home, I was given the day off by Damien.

I was in my room thinking about what life had in stall for me when an arm went over my shoulder. I looked up at the person, it was Bertha.

"Hi." I said to her and she sat beside me.

"What's wrong Dana?" She asked "you know you can tell me anything."

"I know Bert," I wiped a tear that rolled down my cheeks "its just that, lately, I've been thinking about my identity."

"Oh Dana,"

"Why don't I feel happy Bertha?" Tears spilled down my cheeks "why am I not like other girls with a complete family?" I sobbed "twenty three years of my life has been a total mess, I don't even know where I belong anymore"

"Oh dana," Bertha said and took her hands "Dana, everything in life has a reason and a meaning. But Dana, you're better than any other girl out there with a complete family."

"But my mom dumped me." I cried "if I was ever meaningful, why did my mom leave me? Why am I this way Bertha?" I asked her, I couldn't stop the tears. "My whole life was a mistake."

"No Dana, don't speak I'll of yourself. You have me, don't forget that."

"Bertha....I want to tell you something."

"What dear?"

I swallowed hard "I'm in love with Damien."

"Oh no Dana," Bertha gushed out. "Why did you let that happen? I thought you were gonna keep the business all professional."