Chapter Fifteen.

I turned to the other side of my bed and opened my eyes and Damien was the first person I saw standing at my window

"Hey." I said and sat up, rubbing my eyes.." What're you doing here?"

"Came to check on you." He said. "I missed you Dana."

I climbed down from my bed and walked up to him. "Sorry I didn't tell you where I was last night. I had coffee with Miguel, hope you're not angry."

"I'm okay with that. You're free to do what you want."

He leaned in and kissed me.

I put my hand around his neck and his hand slipped round my waist. He pulled me to himself.

"When do you plan on telling your mom about us?" I asked.

"Anytime you ready." He smiled at me and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Dana?"

"Mmmm?" I mumbled.

"How is things with you and your mom?"

"My mom?" I asked calmly. "Damien, she's not my mom."

"Dana..."

"Damien...I'm still trying my best to accept her. I don't really know her."

"I know Dana, but why don't you take a break from work and get to know her better. She called me earlier today and told me she'd be coming over."

"Okay." I said. I said that cause I won't even be at home.

"You've gotta try Dana, she's till your mom"

I kissed him, I didn't want to hear what he had to say again.

*******

At the company, I walked to aliyah's table and dropped a folder.

"That's some documents that would be signed to finalise the resort. Damien wants you to reprint each report and send it back to him." I crossed my hands "...and that would be done only if you're listening to what I'm saying."

She slowly looked up at me "sorry? Were you talking to me?"

"Who else is around if not you and me? "

She rested her elbow on the desk and sighed. "What were you telling me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Damien wants you to reprint each report and send it back to him."

"What does the report say?"

"Why don't you check it out?"

She smiled. "Dana..  You and me are both employees, so, stop trying to act like you're Damien's wife."

She picked up the file and opened it. She brought out some papers and started looking into it.

"Don't you ever get sick of this?" I uncrossed my arms "do you think I'm forcing myself on Damien? Well, if Damien always choose me to do his work then I'm the best."

She looked up at me " me pretending to listen should be enough for you Dana. So stop talking, I am trying to ignore you"

"I don't know what's eating you up aliyah, seriously, you're really getting on my nerves."

She slammed her hand on the desk and stood up. "So then screw it!" She snapped. "You're worst. Every time I see you , you make me hate you the more. "

"Really..."

"Yes really.."

"What did I ever do to you?"