Chapter Seventeen.

Dana's P.O.V.

The next day, some workers were beautifying the house and it was spread with beautiful decorations.

Every worker I asked for a hand just told me to never mind. I felt really awkward, I mean, I'm supposes to be helping out.

As I walked down the stairs to assist Maryann and Magdalene, I saw aliyah walking up to them. I stopped halfway.

"What's with the decoration?" She asked. "What are we celebrating?"

"Dana and Damien's engagement party." Maryann replied. "Its gonna be a huge one like Magdalene and Adam's. "

"Damien and Dana?" She stopped short. "Engagement party?"

"Yes." Magdalene nodded. "Everyone is so happy."

"Oh." Aliyah forced a smile. "I can't believe Damien's getting married to his PA."

"From now on, Dana is Damien's fiancee and PA.. The both." Magdalene shrugged.

I and aliyah caught looks but I turned and walked away. I walked up to a worker.

"Can I help in hanging the curtains?"

"Oh sure." The girl said.

I collected a curtain from her and climbed on a stool. I began fixing the rods into the curtain holes until I felt someone behind me. I turned slowly, to avoid falling.

I looked down at her "what is it aliyah?"

She crossed her arm "so you're getting engaged to Damien, you didn't even waste a single time in getting what you wanted right?"

"Damien and I love each other "

"Don't forget jack Dawson died in titanic." She chuckled. "Come to think of it dana, do you want people to accept you as who you are or do you want them to like you?"

"Just get out "

"You're just a simple commoner who is trying to fit in." She smiled and uncrossed her arm. "Hmmmm, the good wife, trying to help out. .well keep it up and you better catch all the golds you can catch now because one day, you'll never see it again."

She walked past me. I needed to get down from this stool. I looked around, no one was around except for....

"Aliyah.  " I called her back.

She turned. "What?"  She walked up to me "what?"

"I just wanted your support, I want to get down."

"So u could actually need my help?" She looked at the low stool and back at me. "Its not so high...why not get down by yourself."

"Aliyah please"

She rolled her eyes. "Fine." She stretched her hand. I took it and took a step down then she left me, I fell on a pile of curtains.

She laughed. "Oh....sorry... Slip of hand."

I began to pant, as I saw blood rolling down my legs slowly...

"Oh God." I said in pain. "My baby.."

"You're pregnant?" She scoffed. "Until the very end you still never stopped in surprising me."

"Aliyah.." I said, tears rolled down my cheeks as the blood that poured stained the curtains. "Aliyah please, call someone, my baby's gonna die, it hasn't formed perfectly well. Aliyah please..I can't suffer a miscarriage."