This is a.. um.. Odd situation.

12:00 am
I paced around in the container they put me in-Sure, they made it so I could breathe, but they also made it so I couldn't fly out. One of the scientists walked in and entered my enclosure, the guy stayed as far away as possible and threw me a piece of meat.
"Hey! I'm not an animal! Why isn't it cooked? Where's a fork and a knife? And heck, why aren't you looking at me?!"
The guy looked nervous-I think he was only here because nobody else volunteered, either that or he was new and nobody else would take the job.
"Uh... Um... Er.. Sorry! They just told me to give that to you, please don't eat me!" 
he yelped.
I rolled my eyes,
"First of all, I don't EAT people-I just drink their blood. Second of all, I won't drink your blood because I have no idea when the last time you had a shower was. And third of all, you don't have to be afraid of me."
Usually I could tell when people last showered by how they smelt-but this lab place had such a strong stench that I couldn't smell anything else. Which was bad. The guy looked up and started walking forward, he looked at me and I looked at him,
"What?"
I finally asked after a minute of looking at him. He looked away as if he'd done something horribly wrong,
"S-s-sorry.. My name's Jacob-I just started working here. Y-you're not as bad as they said you were..."
"Oh? I can probably be worse than what they said, but only if I choose to be-it's not like I kill for the fun of it, I only do it because I need to survive."
He looked at me and asked,
"Have you ever tried animals blood?"
"Uh... Um..." I tried to come up with an excuse but just looked at the ground, "No.. Never."
"Then try the steak-you know, the one on the floor? It's not cooked so it should still have some blood."
"Er... No thanks... Also, when well I be set free?"
"They didn't say-sorry, probably not for a long while."
I facepalmed myself,
"No.. Of course not. " I had two choices, wait until something happens, or hypnotize the guy to let me free.
"Hey, Jacob, mind letting me out?" I knew he was hesitant, he was at least thinking about it-that was a good sign.
"Promise not to kill me?" I nodded,
"Yeah, I promise, and I never break a promise." Next thing I know the cage I'm in is open and I smile, "Thanks-mind if I just leave?" 
"Sorry-but I can't have you doing that..." 
"Please?"
"No."
Ughhh...