Chapter 9 | I LOVE YOU TOO, NOT

Kyla's POV

"I'll wear it for god sakes, what time should I be there mom? "
"Okay fine... "
I remove the phone from my ear and put it against  my chest

"change your mind about accompanying me to the dinner?" I beg Jasmin

"Hell no, last time I went there I almost chopped your sister's boyfriends finger off" she replies back. 

"But you didn't" I say with a cheesy grin on my face.

" Hell-to-the-no chica, you're on your own, my best wishes though" she saying while laughing.

"UGHHHHH" I moan.

I hold the phone back against my ear.

"I'll be coming alone," I say while looking at Jasmin in disgust.

she sticks her tongue out at me.

I stick my middle finger up at her. 

"Okay, see you then," I say with my fake polite voice and I cut off the phone. 

"I'm sorry you have to face it alone girl, but your family is a nightmare, call me for moral support though," says Jasmin while gripping my left hand. "I know babe, I understand... because of what happened last time". I never really had the best relationship with my family, I grew up in the "rich side of Beverly Hills", with controlling parents, not to mention a boujie mother and father who was always working. My sister Sasha and I were always at home with nannies and house maids. The times my parents around were the worst, they barely paid any attention to us. I remember in high school I dated a guy named Toni and he lived in east LA, i kept him a secret, when my parents found out he wasen't from a rich family they paid him to dump me. And guess what? he took the money! I cried for days, and all my mother had to say was that, it wouldn't have happened if he was from a rich family. Not to mention my older sister was always the golden child, she did whatever they told her and in return, they well...loved her more. But, I learned to live with it becuase I met Jasmin in elementary school and ever since then I've never left her side. Jasmin is my real family. After Jasmin and I started our event planning company, we moved away and I never turned back. I only see them once every couple of years, but they call every so often and send me "Bribing birthday gifts and Christmas presents" so I'll go visit them. They do this so they can suck me in, But last time I bought into it. Last Christmas, I went to see them, but I brought Jasmin along and things went horribly wrong, Mommy dearest thought It was a good idea to set me up with one of my sister's boyfriends rich friends.  let's just say he was a total jerk! Jasmin almost beat up my sister's Boyfriend. Joe (my sisters boyfriend) is a fat weirdo ,whose always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.I stopped talking to my mom for a whole year, she always did things like that to me, and even though I love my dad he would let it happen. 

This weekend is my dad's 50th birthday, and Mommy dearest just called to make sure I was coming, trying to force me to wear the dress she sent to my house last week. I love my dad but I hate going to my parent's house, my mom uses it to spy on my life and my sister uses it to rub her rich fat boyfriend Joe in my face.  I hate him, he's  jerk of a creature, but then again that's why he's perfect for Mrs. Perfect Sasha." Ughhhhh, Jas you sure you won't change your mind? I heard Joseph ( our nickname for him)  is going to be there" I say jokingly, with a grin on my face. "Girlll, then that case ask mama Dearest to send me a Custom Dior dress too! hahaha yeah right sorry Ky" she says while laughing.  I roll my  eyes. My mom sent me for a dress to wear to my dad's birthday dinner because she said anything I had in my closet wasn't going to be up to her standard. I live for designer clothes but my picks for me are always so ugly. Even though it's Hideous I'll just wear to humor her, and also so we don't get into a fight. It has been a couple of days since the whole "Rose" fisaco, but Jasmin is over it, after all it was just one date. I've been talking to James on and off since the last time we went on our date.