Chapter 12.

Payton's p.o.v

Girls to stay away from: Payton Moore.

There are a few other names written on the bathroom stall, but I only notice mines. It's in the same slanted handwriting I remember from 9th grade.

The 9th grade, so why am I just now seeing this? Why do they still care enough to just now be writing this.

I know what I did was bad; but it wasn't bad enough for them to still care. The girl is gone for God's sake.

I scratch my name off the list with a permanent marker. Drawing an arrow towards where I write "get over it already."

When I exit the stall getting ready to wash my hands I see the familiar face.

"Hey Kayce." I mumble.

"Hi." She smiles at me.

I turn on the faucet and she does the same.

"How are your grades?"

"In the gutter." She laughs. "I think I need a extra day added to our tutoring session."

"Of course."

I remember our last session, when I wrongly thought she was trying to find the pictures in my phone. In reality she just wanted to make sure if I was okay or not.

"You remember Brielle Banks?"

My eyes widen. I swear I've not heard that name since the 9th grade. How does she even remember? She was in the 8th grade at the time.

"The girl who- umm..."

"Killed herself; yeah."

I just nod my head. I remember that. It was a depressing time at this school. I feel like people should just care more.

Maybe that's what they consider me as. They probably think I'll end up like her. Except I know that there are many other ways to deal with your problems rather than taking your own life.

"Why?"

"Been a year since she did it. The school is making a big deal about it after school. I don't understand why they find it necessary to bring up the bad things in the past."

"I don't know either."

I dry my hands and start walking away from the conversation.

I, espicially don't need to be reminded of that year.

Mrs.Abel's p.o.v (guidance counselor)

I've never saw the pictures of Payton until now. They aren't really as bad as I has pictured, they're not appropriate but she isn't being too foul.

Yes; she's naked but she didn't take them herself unless she stood her phone up on a stand, set a timer, and sat in a pose waiting for the picture to snap on its own.

There's loads of them. She's sitting on the bed in one with her arms barely folded across her chest. There's one with her back facing the camera.

A small scandal at the least; but at a prep school where these children don't get a bit of drama, of course it's a big deal.

There is a light tap at my door so I hurry and collect them into one pile, throwing them in the drawer.

"Good afternoon." Terry smiles at me.

It looks like she finally washed her hair, redyed it so it appeared a shade darker, and brushed it out. I was hoping she'd maintain it.

"Hey."

"Am I in trouble or do you need the yearbook pictures?"

"I just want to ask you some questions."

She huffs under her breath so I'm assuming that she knows the direction im going in.

"Pertaining to who and what?"

"I just need a slight bit of help with where the pictures came from. I know they're old and- that's kind of it."

"Okay. Now what am I supposed to do?"

"A student gave me your name."

She furrows her eyebrows and nods. "What did i do?"

"I- I really don't know. I was hoping you'd be honest."

"Honest?"

I nod my head in response.

"Okay. I don't know anything."

I sigh and then it seemed like a bell went off in my mind. Maybe if I just put the three of them in one room at the same time it wouldn't be anything to find out something.

**********

"Where is she? I have practice." Camila grumbles.

I watch them from the cameras in the office. It always works in the movies.

"Forget practice!" Devon snaps at her. "You think she knows."

"Well, it's usually the price you pay for being assholes." Terry shrugs in a sarcastic tone.

"but we weren't the ones who started it." Camila sighs.

"Well I'm not getting in as much trouble. You're the source of the pictures." He points at Terry.

It figures. Of course the photographer would know how to get them.

"So it's my fault?" She scoffs.

"Well it kind of is." He shrugs.

"Whatever. Just shut up before someone hears us."

I figure that's the most I'm going to hear. I turn the cameras off and walk towards my room.

"Good afternoon." I speak to them.

They compose themselves and sit up straight. Little did they know how much I had in mind for them.

================================

Is there anything you guys suggest I do to make this book better for you guys to read.