chapter fifteen

Gerards POV

I tap my pencil against the desk, wondering how I'm going to afford two suits. then I remember the suits we wore when we went to a Halloween party as a teacher and student.

I've told Frank I've booked a venue for autumn next year, but by that time I'll be starting my second year in art college. Frank doesn't know about me going to New York yet. that's why I've arranged for the wedding to be next week. everyone is in on it except for Frank. all I need is to get suits, a cake and get the rings then im done.

one week later.

I turn over, looking at the sleeping Frank. I pray that today goes well. I shake him up.

"fuck off I'm sleeping" he mumbles and swats my hand away. I stand up and pull sweat pea out of his arms and he looks up and glares at me.

"the dog. give. it. back. now" I laugh and smile

"Frank it's really important you get out off bed" he eyes me suspiciously. I'm not in the mood for this I haven't had my coffee yet.

"how important?"

"I haven't had coffee yet" he sits up.

"fine fine" I hand him the suit

"put it on and make yourself look presentable"

"why do I have to wear this?" he asks.and I tap my nose. he scowls and pulls the suit on.

Frank's POV.

I'm soon put into the back of a car and gerard gently blindfolds me. we drive for about an an hour and soon we pull up somewhere. someone grabs my hand. I recognise the hand as gees.

"I have to go now. mikeys going to link arms with you and lead you where you've got to go ok?" I say.

"sure" I say and I hear the car door open and footsteps. Im soon grabbed my mikey who drags me out of the car. he links arms with me and we walk until he tells me to stop. he pulls of the blindfold and I squint in the light. then I realise where I am. im at the bottom of the isle. and gee is at the top grinning at me like a Cheshire cat. everyone is there and I realise this is the church were helenas funeral was. mikey whispers in my ear.

"the funeral gave gee alot of bad memories about this place so now he's making good ones"

we slowly start making our way up the aisle