Chapter 1: Mrs. Jauregui

"Alright class, you may put your supplies away​,"

I watched as she stood in front of the class to instruct everyone. I slightly smiled at her authority figure and watched as she looked around the room. When her eyes landed on me, I felt butterflies in my stomach as she smiled then turned to walk back to her desk.

I stood up to put my things away and I made my way to the table and laid all my stuff down. I looked around and my eyes landed on Mrs. Jauregui sitting at her desk. I took in her beauty as I was walking back to my chair and I ran into someone's canvas. It tumbled over and landed on the floor with a loud thus. I immediately felt my cheeks burn as I heard everyone start laughing.

Mrs. Jauregui looked in my direction and I couldn't have been more embarrassed. I ignored her stares and whatever she was saying, I made my way back to my chair and sat down. I hid my face behind my canvas and waited until everyone stopped laughing.

I peeked my head from behind my canvas and looked around. Everyone wasn't paying attention to me anymore, which was a good thing. I looked at Mrs. Jauregui and she was helping one of the students pick up the canvas I knocked over. When she looked up, her eyes caught mine and I hid my face again.

Nice going, Cam.

After a minute or so, I decided to look at my painting. I couldn't help but wonder if it was good enough to turn it in. I didn't really have anything to paint about today, so I just came up with something and threw it together. I wanted to trash it, but I needed a good grade, so hopefully it'll be good enough.

I looked over at Dinah, who was sitting right next to me and admired her art work. Dinah was always the artistic kind, I was too, but she had a little more artistic bone in her than I did. She would sit for hours and draw and come up with the most amazing things. I loved watching her when she would have an idea and start painting.

I love drawing too, but I don't have time for it like she does. I have issues which restrain me from doing what I love.

DJ looks over at me and smiles. She leans to look at my art work and nods in agreement, "Looks good. I think the teacher will love it," she winks and I feel my face heat up.

Yes, Dinah knows about my crush on Mrs. Jauregui.

She's my best friend since elementary school, and I tell her everything. I couldn't resist not telling her about my crush on our teacher. She thinks it's cute and she's always telling me what I should do to try and get her attention, but she doesn't know that my whole being will not let me do that.

"If you weren't so clumsy when it comes to her, then maybe you'll stand a chance," she chuckled and I hid my face in my hands. She was always saying stuff to make me feel embarrassed when it comes to Mrs. Jauregui.

Damn you, Dinah Jane.

The bell rung and I couldn't have been more happy to get out of there. The embarrassment was killing me from Dinah and from everyone else. I don't know why I always act stupid around Mrs. Jauregui.

I stood up with Dinah and grabbed my painting to turn it in. I really hope I get a good grade on it, because I need to bring up my grades in every class. I've been slacking and it's killing me in all my classes.

I know what you're​ thinking; how can you fail art?

Well, it's possible because I'm failing. I guess if you don't turn in anything, or if you don't meet the standards that it offers, then you'll get a bad grade. Art is more complicated than it seems because you have the shading, the outline, the contrast, colors and blah blah blah.

I walk up to the front with Dinah and wait until everyone is out of the way. I see Mrs. Jauregui sitting at her desk and I can feel my heart start hammering in my chest. Every time I'm near her, I get all nervous and my hands start sweating and my heart feels like it wants to beat out of my chest.