Chapter 34: Beach Trip

Apparently Lauren had her own beach house located down at the beach, which was four hours away, and I was completely shocked when she asked me to spend the whole Spring Break with her at it.

Yes, Spring Break started and I was beyond excited. But not because I get a break from school and everything, but the fact that I'm going to be staying at the beach for a whole week with this gorgeous woman. It was a dream come true.

She told me that we could leave Monday and stay until Saturday and I was bouncing with joy. I spent the weekend with Dinah, and when I told her about what I would be doing, she screamed and was freaking out. She couldn't believe it and she nearly bursted my ear drum from her excitement.

She said it was the perfect way to get away from everything in this town, and finally be with the woman I love, and I believe she is right because I need to get away from everything that I went through the past month. I deserve to spend a week away, and better yet, with Lauren.

I had to pack Sunday night and get Dinah to drive me over to her house Monday morning. I couldn't sleep that night because of the excitement but I didn't care. I hardly believe that I will sleep during this break, but we'll see what happens.

After Dinah dropped me off, she wished me the best Spring Break and not to forget to tell her all about it. I told her that I would surely tell her everything as I was grabbed my bags and shutting the car door.

It was around nine in the morning and it was already hot. I made my way up the driveway and to her door, but before I could open it, it opened on its own to reveal Lauren smiling at me.

"Right on time," she offered to carry my bags to her car and I watched her as I was walking behind her. After she laid the bags in the trunk, she shut it and looked at me. "Are you ready?"

I smiled and nodded. This was going to be the best week of my life and I couldn't wait. This felt too good to be true.

After she locked the door to her house, I sat in the passenger seat of her car and waited. After she got in and started the engine, she told me to put my seatbelt on as she was backing out of the driveway.

It only took a few minutes to get out of town and when we did, I decided to break the silence, "How did you afford a beach house?" I know for sure that they are not cheap.

She glanced at me then back at the road, "Well, Luis bought it years ago when we first got married," I stared at her. "He signed it in my name, so it's mine and not his," she smiled at me and I smiled back.

"That's amazing. How often do you come down here?"

She sighed, "Not that often. I never could get away and go down there to spend a day or whatever," she shrugged and continued to drive.

I wonder if the reason why she couldn't get away was because of Luis. Well, if that's it, then she doesn't have to worry about that anymore.

The ride there wasn't that boring. We played some car games and it was funny. We talked about some things here and there, but nothing too big. When we finally made it, I could smell the salt water.

I haven't been to a beach in years, and finally being able to see it again makes me happy. I loved the beach and everything about it because it's like a getaway from the world, even though there are other people here, they never mess with you. It's like you can have a peace of mind.

We pulled up to the beach house and I was in awe. It was beyond beautiful and I couldn't wait to see the inside. I helped her with our bags as we grabbed them from the trunk and I followed her up the stairs.

There was a small porch that over-looked the beach and I was completely mesmerized. She got the front door unlocked and I followed her inside where my eyes scanned over everything as I was speechless.