stranger | older! chat noir

Adrien frowned, yet again.

"Dude," Nino raised an eyebrow, interrupting the blonde's deep thought. "Are you planning on consuming that pencil whole?"

Adrien paused redhanded at the question. He'd been chewing on the end of said mistreated pencil for unnaturally long and flushed red, lowering it from his lips.

Nino chuckled. "What's got you so twisted dude?"

Adrien tilted his head and Nino followed his line of vision, pushing up his glasses.

There you were.

Not too far from them, close up against the wall and almost blending into it. Your head was down in a book as usual, fingers absentmindedly twisting the strands of your hair into a mess. All that was known about you was that you were a new foreign exchange student and that your name was Y/N. Besides that, it was like you had faded into the background without so much as a trace.

Adrien found it...intriguing.

As if feeling the stare on your person you glanced up. Your eyes met Adrien's for a split second before you purposely glanced away, your lips tugging down.

Nino whistled slowly, amused. "Well that was intentional."

Adrien groaned, leaning back into his chair and boring holes into the ceiling. "I know. She's been acting that way around me since she got here, and I don't know why. Anytime I even try and start up a conversation she bolts."

"Technically she's like that around everyone; some chicks just can't be fazed man," Nino shrugged, patting his friend's shoulder in a consoling motion. "Let it go."

Adrien furrowed his eyebrows. He wished it was that simple, as he'd been telling himself the same thing for the past two weeks. But no matter how he tried to push you out of his head you had taken up permanent residence there with a mortgage and everything. No, there had to be something he could do.

In the middle of his contemplation someone passed by your desk, laughing at a pun they had shouted across the room. You visibly bit the inside of your cheek and giggled, before coughing into your hand.

Adrien's eyes widened. "She likes jokes."

"I guess," Nino blinked, scratching the back of his neck. "So what? Are you gonna start cracking up like a clown to get her attention?"

Adrien shoved him in the side and Nino retaliated with a contagious grin, ruffling his hair.

"No I'm not," Adrien rolled his eyes. "And I can't anyway, because, like you said, she is uncomfortable around everyone."

Light came to his jeweled eyes as he turned to look outside the window with a concealed smile.

Bingo.

"But I do know someone who can."

88

You growled at your misfortune.

"Today? Really?" You mumbled as you narrowed your eyes at the rain. You huddled underneath the scaffolding protecting you from the downpour, hesitant to leave its protection. The one day you'd forgotten to bring your umbrella. The one day.

You dug your hand into your pocket for your phone. Well, at the worst you'd have to call a taxi, considering you lived almost three miles away and couldn't just sprint through the downpour-

No.

Your phone radiated a faint glow, the glaring exclamation mark in the battery betraying the fact that your situation was about to get a lot worse. Right on cue the device blacked out and went dead.