Chapter 8

Here we were sitting the old dingy school office that was currently under renovations so everything was a mess. Also, the AC was out in this part of the school so fans were set up everywhere. All this heat was causing me to sweat, which meant I was now starting to stick to the leather chairs. Never have been sent to the principal's office. Now I was a first time offender all because of this basterd sitting one seat over from me. I was almost through this shitty day, but of course the universe wasn't done playing ball with me until it was going to hit me out of the park. No one was currently in the office, so the asshole and I were stuck together.

"We wouldn't be in this position if you had done what is expected of you." Tim said.

"Oh no we are not starting this again. Right now I just want to go home, which I don't even know where the hell that is anymore." I buried my head in my hands.

"Well I'm in the right here, so go ahead and apologize." I looked up to see if he really had just said that.

"You can't be fucking serious. Why do I owe you an apology, if you could learn to control that temper of yours for once then maybe the whole school wouldn't be talking about me."

"Hey that was your own.."

"Fuck no, you do not get to say that this was "my own fault". You know damn well that you only added to the fire by acting like a child."

He was silent for the rest of the time we were alone before the secretary returned saying that the principal was out, but the guidance counselor could deal with us. Mrs. Sparks of course walked in right on time and took us to her office.

"So, what seems to be the problem. All I've gathered from your teacher was that you too were ready to rip each other apart. Now I know that our mascot is a panther, but let's not actually turn into one." She joked to try and lighten the situation, but Tim and I were far past done at this point.

I was about to speak, but I was cut off by Tim. "We just got off on the wrong foot today Mrs. Sparks. I think we both have had a rough day and you know when two fronts collide a storm breaks out." This excuse seemed to work for Mrs. Sparks.

"Is this true Savannah?" She questioned.

"Yes ma'am. We are sorry for the trouble we caused, but you know how people just have some bad days and I think it's just one of those days." I apologize.

"Well okay, you two. Since school is almost over, I'm afraid that you will have to make up your test tomorrow. During lunch, you two will come to my office and I will watch you take the test." She said.

"That's fine. I'm sure Tim needs to get to practice and I have a rally girl meeting to get to so we will just get out of your hair." I said getting up from my chair. Tim seemed caught off by my abrupt leaving.

Mrs. Sparks shook her head and walked us to the door. Once in the hallway, we still had a few minutes before the bell would ring. I started walking towards the doors to leave since I decided that I would just walk home.

"Hey where are you going, thought you had a meeting?" Tim called out.

"I lied."

I could hear his feet running after me.

"So where are you going then?" he asked again.

"Thought you had practice?" I replied.

"I do and that's not an answer." He grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"Let go before you cause another scene." That was the last thing I needed.

"Not until you tell me where you are going?"