05; hand in hand

After the confession with Yukie and granting you her opinion with your behavior toward their setter, it seemed like you were just having a nightmare and it prevented you from sleeping at night. Your mind was full of wonders and still in skepticism with her words. The only one that's spinning inside your mind for the entire day was what Yukie had said to you. You were indeed astounded and it rendered you speechless when she asked you if you like Akaashi in a romantic sense since that's the only reason that she can accommodate you with those emotions you hold for the gorgeous setter.

You were confused about what were your true feelings for Akaashi. It's ridiculous for you to know that you already like him in just a few weeks when you haven't known him that well. Moreover, you don't often talk much and close to begin with to have this sort of sentiment toward him. You're entirely aware that Akaashi is a handsome lad and intelligent as well. Heck, girls in your classroom would always gossip about him when he was not around. He had lots of admirers, too, considering that you have seen him reading a love letter in the entrance of the school building where your shoe lockers are.

Still, liking him without accurately knowing him is not a purpose for you to like him that way. It's seriously ludicrous!

"Hey (First name), are you okay?" Mari suddenly asked you which startled you.

"A-Ahh yeah! I'm okay hehehe," you said sheepishly while scratching your neck. Mari was puzzled at first but eventually, she looked at you suspiciously. She can recognize that there is something that's bothering you. And you can already feel the cold sweats running down your neck.

"You're not okay at all. You look stressed about something and you were zoning out during our lessons. If you have any problems you can share it with me and I'll listen. I might give you a piece of advice."

Not gonna lie, you were touched with the way she's concerned for you. But you don't know what you're going to say specifically you don't know where you will start anyway. Your mind was a mess to even form a coherent excuse to tell her and you were actually bashful to tell her what's bothering you.

What if Yukie's theory was the same as hers? You don't know what you will do! You're still anxious about your feelings. And you want to deny Yukie's assumption but what if you really are? Ugh! Your anxiety is attacking you at this not so perfect timing and it sucks like hell.

"If you're not ready to tell me, then I can wait for you," she smiled, assuring you but it only made you guilty since you were hiding things from her when she did nothing but to be nice to you.

Hang on, if you tell her your troubles, she might give you another reason why! It might be different from the manager's presumption and there's still hope for you!

"No no! I'll say it."

You tell her the exact details of your situation right now. Mari, being a good friend that she is, only nodded her head and keenly listened to you. You were shaking a bit and your mind was in a frenzy that you can't quite explain to her properly but manage to do so.

After your explanation, you looked at your friend with a fazed expression crept on your face.

"So..." Mari started and you were nervous as fuck, you were even trembling in your seat. You were biting your lip while waiting for her answer.

"If that's the case then, it seems that you like Akaashi."

And that's where your world falls apart then slammed your head on the table.

You couldn't believe this! This is ridiculous! Why the hell do they know what your feelings are towards him when you, yourself don't even know if you actually like the guy? You were still anxious and have no idea what you will reply to Mari. The only thing that you want to do is to cry because of frustration.