CHAPTER ONE

"Do you wanna go get some ice cream?" Nora asked her BFF, Jayda.

"Sure, let's go," she responded.

They started walking to fairmount market. It was one of those days in summer that are really hot and you want to grab an ice cream with your BFF but you don't want to have to walk there.

Just then a guy on a bike rode by and whistled at us.

"Perv!" They both shouted at the guy.

"Uugghh. Some people are just so immature!" Nora complained.

"Just keep walking," Jayda told me.

"Come on!" Nora said grabbing Jayda's arm. "I know a short cut!"

The girls grabbed each others hands and ran off down an ally.

"Jayda, isn't that your dad's car?"

"Yeah," Jayda had stopped and was looking really scared. Just then we saw two faces come up into view of the back windshield. it looked like Jayda's dad was tongue wrestling with some twenty year old brunette. Then, finally, Jayda's dad broke away and looked at us. I couldn't see Jayda's face but she must have looked disgusted because her dad looked petrified.

"Come on, Jayda. Let's go," Nora said pulling her away from the scene. "Let's just ditch the ice cream and watch some TV or something, ok?" Jayda was looking really pale.

"Mm, hmm," Jayda said quietly and shook her head. Nora took her hand and walked her back to her house.

When the girls got to Nora's house they immediately called Jordyn.

N~you need to come to my house right now!

J~why?

N~I'll tell you once you are here.

In a couple minutes all three girls were at Nora's house.

"I drove over here as fast I could!" Jordyn said as she burst through the door a little bit more than a minute later.

"Umm, 1. We are only 15 so we don't have licenses, and 2. You live, like, two streets away," Nora responded

"Whatever, what's up with Jayda?"

Nora explained everything to Jordyn as Jayda curled up in front of the fire.

"OMG! I am soo sorry, Jayda! Jayda? Jayda!"

"Nooo!" Jordyn and Nora called at the same time. Jayda had walked outside and was standing in the middle of the road and a car was roaring up the street towards her.