CHAPTER TWO

"Jayda! Jayda!" Nora cried as her and Jordyn went running out towards Jayda. "Oh, my God, Jayda! You scared me so much!" Nora said slapping her arm. "Jayda? Jayda are you ok?" She was standing there with her hands planted on the hood of the car. Then a man got out of the car. It was Jayda's father. Nora and Jordyn started to slowly back away, but Jayda shook her head I a way that said 'don't go, I need you'.

"Jayda I-" her dad started but she cut him off.

"DON'T!! Don't," she said and burst into tears. Nora and Jordyn both came rushing up and hugged her.

"I don't know what to say," Jayda's dad mumbled.

"How about 'sorry'?" Nora said and turned Jayda around and pushed her back into the house.

***

"Geese!" Jordyn exclaimed and threw her hands up into the air. "Someone's got to get a beeper for this kid!" Jayda had once again wandered off. It was the third time tonight after meeting her dad. Luckily they had locked the door, just incase. The first time she wandered off they found her in the kitchen and the second time they had found her in the family room. "I think she walked away so we wouldn't see her cry..." Nora thought.

"Oh there you are!" Nora sighed in relief. "She's in here!" she called behind get shoulder. Jordyn came bounding into the room. This time we had found Jayda in my mom and dad's room.

"Do you wanna watch some TV like we originally planned?" Jordyn asked

"That would be nice to get my mind off of, what just happened..."

Nora grabbed the remote and turned on the TV in her parents bedroom. "Let's watch Pretty Little Liars!" she cried.

3 hours later they had burned their way through 4 episodes on Netflix, and even though Jayda hadn't completely forgotten about The Affair, she had taken her mind off of it.

"Come on! Don't go in there!" Nora cried while bitting her nails. Suddenly there was a crash from the kitchen.

"What was that?!" Jayda asked.

"I have two dogs, they probably just knocked something over,"

Suddenly there was footsteps.

"I don't think a dog can make that sound," Jordyn whispered. The footsteps got louder and louder, until they were right outside the door. The girls didn't dare breathe, and the door nob was turning, turning...