9 - Isle of Flightless Birds

This is long overdue rip

A few months had gone by. You had fully moved into Tyler and Josh's apartment and sold the one you used to live in, giving you a lot of extra money to share between the three of you. You texted Phoenix frequently to catch up and, long story short, you were a much happier human than before. You even decided to make your own music on YouTube. As well as that, you made vlog-style videos about your current every day life. You had gained a couple hundred fans until the day you decided to introduce the two man-children of the household.

You started by just referring to them as "my roommates" but little did your subscribers know who they really were.

"Hello! This is (Y/N). Today, I'd like to reveal a secret." You were wearing a dark blue t-shirt that said 'CHOOSE LIFE' in bold white print, and over it you wore a light jacket. It was only just getting warmer as it was around the middle of May. "So, I've always referred to my roommates as, well, my roommates, I guess. Today I'd like to show them to you!" You smiled bright with excitement. "Come on in, Tyler and Josh!" They entered the shot, and a moment of silence was added just for effect. The three of you burst into laughter.

You were watching your own video again just because it was just so good. As soon as you uploaded it and the video was released to the world, you got the first few familiar commenters leaving their comments. They seemed to be freaking out. You laughed as most of the comments were either in disbelief or caps lock. You shut your laptop and decided to take a short walk, leaving your phone behind. Honestly, you didn't expect many people to believe you. Everyone probably expected you to have two look-a-likes as roommates or just be really good at photoshop. Then again, footage of them speaking the exact words they said has never existed until now. You didn't think much else of it as you walked outside, passed by the trees and walked into the forest not too far from the apartment.

Josh's P.O.V

I poked my head through (Y/N)'s door. She wasn't there, so I figured she went to get some fresh air after the video. I noticed her phone lying face up on her bed, making all sorts of noises and vibrating like there was no tomorrow. I chuckled as I looked at the YouTube notifications. It seemed her channel had completely blown up. I silenced the device. I would've called her right there to tell her what happened, but her phone was here. I'd have to wait until she returns.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

It was a while before you returned home to see Josh's smug face and Tyler trying not to grin like an idiot.
"What's up?" You laughed at them before Josh handed you your phone. The notifications were flooding in like crazy. Comments, shares, subscribers.
"You're officially famous. YouTube even verified you." Now it was your turn to try to contain your excitement. Making a running start for the couch, you pulled them both into quite the violent hug. The room was filled with ecstatic laughter as you unlocked your phone to turn off the notifications and check the app to see all your comments. You were trending on Twitter worldwide and people you had met via the two boys were sending you messages and mentioning you in their Instagram posts. You didn't even know how to react. (Y/N) (L/N), an internet sensation. It almost didn't sound right. What boggled your mind the most was the small grey verified check mark next to your YouTube channel name. Your subscriber count had skyrocketed to over 200,000.
"Wow," You breathed, taking in the current situation. "I never knew my life would turn out like this."

You sat in front of the camera once again, the lights making a ring effect in your eyes. You wanted to make a response to all the sudden attention right away, but you decided to change your shirt at least. Now you wore a black t-shirt with a pink Superdry Japan logo and long sleeves that bunched around your elbows. Before hitting record, you noticed the scars visible on your skin. Not wanting to push down the sleeves since it was really hot in your stuffy room, you decided on going to your dresser and finding a stick of concealer. Being careful to not get anything underneath the damaged skin, you disguised the scars as best you could. The fading red lines were now more of a baby pink. (Y/N: I do this before going outside, nothing I ever do is recommended by the way-)

This'll do.

"Hello! This is (Y/N) and oh my gosh, thank you all so so much for the amazing comments!" Butterflies were fluttering in your stomach and you couldn't stop smiling. "I literally cannot fathom how happy I am right now. I started this channel only hoping to get a couple hundred subscribers and nothing more but honestly, I never expected my channel to completely blow up like this." You talked a little more, expressing your gratitude, and eventually turned off the camera.

It's getting happier aah
I'm sorry this took so long! I promise I'm not dead. I'm not sure what I was trying to do with the chapter title but I couldn't come up with anything else so--
Also the next chapter will probably be the end. Be prepared for a grand finale ~