Chapter 30.

The leader of the Organization was in the middle of an interrogation when he was abruptly interrupted by one of his least favorite subordinates.

Shaunt had too high of opinions about how the Organization should be run. Mutiny was one thing the leader didn't want to have to deal with.

"What is it!" He growled sharply, not liking the impudence of the man.

"I have a proposition." The short man said vaguely.

"Get on with it man! Your riddles are not appreciated!" His patience was already gone.

"A small matter considering some of your prisoners." Shaunt said meekly, but with a defiant glint in his eyes.

"I'll speak to you of this matter later." The leader stopped Shaunt in the middle of his proposition.

Turning back to his subject of interrogation. "Will you speak?" The completely beat man shook his head in defiance, raging anger still in him.

"Very well." Not for the first time the leader knocked Dallen out cold.

---

Back in his office, the leech Shaunt came to visit the leader again.

"Out with it." He wasted no time in questioning.

"The girl and Dallen." Shaunt began. "I think we should make ourselves a bit of entertainment."

The leader raised an eyebrow, ordering the short man to continue.

"Pit them against eachother in a fight, tell them whoever wins gets to leave." Shaunt said, malice in every word.

"Very clever of you." The leader said sardonically, "I will point out that Dallen was going to trade himself for the girl. Though it is not known if the girl returns his sentiments I feel as though your 'entertainment' as you put it would be very bland."

He looked away from the short man and returned to sifting through some papers on his table. Ignoring him being an obvious dismisal.

"Then make it so they think the looser leaves." shaunt's last grasp to save his idea.

The leader didn't look up until the sound of the door closing was heard.

'I wonder how far they would go to save the other?' He mused.

---

She had somehow fallen asleep, but was woken by the slam of the cell door.

Rubbing sleep from her eyes she found Dallen crumpled in an unmoving heap just inside the door.

The only thought that kept ringing through her mind was .

Is he dead?

Is he dead?

Is he dead?

He has to be alive.