EIGHTEEN ⚡️ FRANCE

I don't own anything except my original/own characters and my original plot. Sorry for the late update, my internet went out.

⚡️

Chapter 18 - France

⚡️

FRANCE

FRANCE.

Home to Paris, the City of Love. Love, what I was so afraid to confess to Wally.

"We are now landing in Paris. The weather is cold at thirty-three degrees Fahrenheit, the time is twelve o'clock sharp."

"This flight was worse than the last one," I gripped my seat sides tightly as we landed without a hitch.

"But there wasn't any turbulence," Wally pointed out, grabbing our luggage.

"I was waiting for it," I hissed in an exaggerated paranoid tone.

Wally laughed, his eyes sparkling with joy. I smiled contently, eyes full of lightning, yet you could always tell what it meant. We walked down the steps and greeted the flight attendants, sharing a quick conversation about when the next takeoff would be. Leaving them to their own devices, we got into the car waiting for us.

Pulling out of the airport, I took the time to take in everything that was Wally. The spark in his eyes that never left despite his past. The freckles spread over his face because of the sun. The inward curve of his nose. And his lips that were really, quite kissable. The way his ears shifted when he smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. Wally was perfect to me.

Inside of him, in all his awkward glory, was magic that could kill him in seconds. What I was leaving him for. For his life, I had to give up mine. But watching him become aware of my stare, and tilt his head in curiosity, I knew it was worth it.

"You good?"

"Yeah," I breathed out, turning to the window, "Just taking it in. I always wanted to go to Paris."

"Me too. It's different than I thought it would be, but you see the Eiffel Tower and it's the same."

"We have a day here. We're going to England tomorrow afternoon and spending Wednesday night and Thursday there before heading home early Friday morning," I repeated the schedule to myself, drilling it into my mind.

"Bonjour," our driver greeted when our conversation was finished, "Welcome to paris."

"C'est assez froid ici n'est-ce pas?" I asked conversationally. The driver turned to me with an impressed smile.

"Les hivers sont froids," the driver agreed.

Wally leaned over and whispered, "What are you saying?"

"I said it's quite cold, and the driver said they have cold winters here," I explained shortly.

"I think French is my favorite language out of the ones you know," Wally sent me a sly grin. I smacked his arm, scoffing.