THREE ⚡️ ADVICE

I don't own anything except my original/own characters and my original plot.

⚡️

Chapter 3- Advice

⚡️

I SHOT UP LIKE A BULLET

I SHOT UP LIKE A BULLET. A scream was lodged in my throat, cutting off my breathing. I took in a few breaths, swinging my feet over the edge of the bed. As soon as my toes touched the carpet snaky tendrils made their way up my ankles and to my calves.

"I'm okay. Calm down," I whispered to myself. The shadows didn't stop their ascent up my body. The ground beneath me was coming to life, "Stop...Please."

I pulled my feet up and pressed my knees against my chest, trying in vain to escape the silky coils of shadows climbing my body. My mind travelled to my nightmare, to the sharp and never ending darkness that swallowed me whole. I assured myself that this was different. This was my refuge. The shadows weren't attacking me; it was protecting me, subconsciously moving towards their master.

I lied back in my bed once again, steadying my breathing. The shadows overcame my entire body, covering up the fabric of my pajamas with glossy armor. I reached down and ran my hand over the area of my thigh. Normal people couldn't touch shadows unless I helped them. Normal people never even noticed shadows. No one knew that they felt like silk and sand, like you could pick some up and wear it as a scarf, and have grains fall through your fingers at the same time.

"Thank you," I mumbled. The tendrils untangled themselves from my body and returned to the corners of my room.

I stayed like that for a while, stroking the shadows surrounding me to become familiar with them once again. The feeling of dread while looking at the darkness ahead of me was fading, and in its place was the familiar warmth of content.

"(Y/n)!"

I heard the metal hum of the front door, and loud footsteps. Within seconds the door to my room flew open, revealing a panting Lex. He rushed over pulling me into an embrace.

"Your vitals spiked. I got here as soon as I could," he breathed out.

"How did you know my vitals spiked?" I questioned, pulling back.

"I- SASS scanned you and notified me," he blurted.

I let out a small 'huh', moving my legs, so I was sitting criss-cross. Something about it irked me. Why was he having SASS track my vitals? I had visits to doctors sworn to secrecy once every year, and my tests always came back fine.

Lex noticed my discomfort and walked over to my dresser to grab the music box that sat on top. It was sleek and new looking, but in reality it was made late in 1997 for Lex's mother. Now it was mine. It was the width and height of my hand, round and encrusted with pearls along the rim. The silver keyhole contrasted the deep blue outside in the center.