Chapter 1: The Call

L sat tipping away on his computer, clinking the chain between him and Light as he went. 

L was almost finished with his work when suddenly, Watari appeared on his screen. 

"Yes, Watari?" L asked looking at the man with his big eyes. 

"Um..L sir, your father is on the line and he wish's to speak with you." Watari told L nervously.

L's eyes grew even larger when he said that. 

"Did he tell you why he called?" L asked worry clear in his voice. 

The other members of the task force sat in confusion as to why L was worried. 

"No, sir he did not." Watari told him. 

L hesitated before sighing. 

"You may put him on." L said. 

Watari nodded and clicked a button. 

"L? Are you there?" A soft mans voice asked in a British accent. 

"Yes, dad. I'm here." L said his voice small, yet adorable. 

"Dad? Is something wrong? Why did you call me? Is father injured?" L asked, surprising everyone even more then they already were. 

"No, he is okay. In fact he was the one who told me to call. Come on Sherlock, talk to your son." The mans voice said to someone else in the room with him. 

"Hello, L." Another voice asked, this one ever so slightly deeper. 

"Hello, father. How are you?" L asked an innocent look in his wide eyes. 

"I am doing fine, how about you? How is the Kira case going?" The man asked. 

"It is coming along okay, I wish it would go faster though so I can come back home to see you, and the Wammy Kids." L said, a sad expression on his face, making Light want to jump up from his seat and give L a hug. 

"I know you do son. They miss you just as much as you miss them, I'll tell them you said hi, if you would like?" L's father asked, his tone softening. 

"I would love that, thank you. Make sure to tell Mello, Near, and Matt that I really miss them and I'll be home soon, okay?" L asked a soft smile playing on his lips as he thought of the three boys that he missed so much. 

"I will L, we will both tell them. I know you really miss them but you'll see them soon enough, okay?" The man on the other line asked. 

"Yes, father." L said. 

Suddenly there was the sound of a ladies voice on the other end of the line. 

"Sherlock, John? Is that L?" The lady asked. 

"L! Cover your ears!" L's dad suddenly yelled. 

L did as he was told and quickly covered his ears. 

Suddenly on the other side of the line there was an ear piercing squeal. 

The other members of the task force soon realized why L's dad had told him to cover his ears, and they realized that they were stupid to not have fallowed L's lead. 

"L are you coming home! Oh we all miss you so much! Please tell me your not hurt! Are you hurt dear?!" The lady threw questions at L so fast they all sounded like a jumble of words. 

"Mrs Hudson, would you please calm down! Not only are you deafening us, but L as well! Please stop screaming!" L's father yelled. 

L chuckled slightly and removed his hands from his ears.