Who's there?

Laying in bed that night, Anastasias mind raced. Who had called her name? And why did their voice sound so.. farmiler. She stared at the ceiling from where she lay on the couch. Outside the wind whistled softly and trees scratched the sides of her apartment, when a new sound emerged. It was a soft whining,  like that of a puppy who's owner had left alone to go to work. Soft scratching sounded from the front door causing Anastasia to sit up.

"Hello?" she called, " Is anybody there?" listening closely she head another whimper, closely followed by a terrorfied yelp as thunder cracked from the clouds. She hopped up and rushed to the door opening it just crack, but the door was shoved wide open, and something knocked her down. A black creature bolted in. Her eyes widened, riddled with fear. The intruder was an enormous black dog, It slid across the linoleum of the hallway before hitting the wall with a gentle thud. He stood cowering in the corner,yellow eyes shining against the dark. Anastesia stood stunned, then closed the door slowly. For the longest time she sat on the floor, watching the creature at eye level. He stared back, head hung low with his tail tucked inbetween his legs. She began scooting closer then stopped halfway, watching for signs of aggression. He looked up, tail slowly wagging. Smiling softly she held out her hand, and he edged forward. She brushed his damp fur through her fingers and softly caressed his soft velvety ears. His tail began thumping happily against the wall. Anastasia began to stand slowly then walked back to the couch, the gental creature trailing behind. She layed back down, curled up in a ball as this allowed the dog to take the lower portion on the couch. He nuzzled closer and looked up at her with big eyes, her hand ran through his fur once more, before the black wave of sleep consumed her.