Nightmare

Angry wind howled and ravaged the walls, while thunder shook the house. Wolf hid in a closet shaking his head, his mouth dripped crimson. Outside the safety of the closet he heard a door slam open,  with such force the walls shook. Wind clawed it's way inside the apartment seeping under the door to chill him to the bone. Fear overwhelmed him as heavy boots thudded down the hall, creeping closer and closer to the kitchen where Wolfs closet lay hidden. Shivering he scrunched up as closely to the wall as he could. the boots stopped in front of the door. He held his breath and stared at the handle as it slowly turned shadows began to crawl in forcing themselves against Wolf, crawling down his throat, squirming into his ears and pushing through his eyes. Viciously  tearing hin apart from the inside out, a mocking tune began to ring in his ears, deafening.  Wolfs mouth opened in screams of agony though no sound was emitted. The door widened and the shade loomed over him.

"WAKE UP

WAKE UP

WAKE UP"

"Wake up?" the repetitive song began to die as did the shadows which began to disappear from his body. " WAKE UP, WOLF!"

His eyes bolted open as he sprang from the soft sofa he had fallen asleep on, standing to the side was Anastasia, her face was mixed between fear and relief.

" You were screaming in your sleep, telling the shade to go away.. are you okay?" she whispered.

Wolf stood there for a momment,  dumbfounded.

Quietly he spoke, " How long have I been asleep?"

"since I got home at 4... What is the shade?" she questioned, stepping closer.

" I'm not entirely sure. I think it was just a nightmare, please don't worry. I'm fine" He assured her, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

She didn't look as though she entirely believed him, but she didn't push the subject further and instead hugged onto him.