Surprise

It's been three weeks since we left for our honeymoon and I really don't want to leave. We are staying for another week and then we'll go home. Shawn places a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in front of me and I take a bite. As I swallow, it tastes off to me. Then I feel my stomach churn.

"Oh no," I say and I bolt for the bathroom. Shawn follows me, concerned. I make it just in time and I hurl into the toilet.

"Are you okay Kaitlyn?" he asks, not knowing what to do.

"Yeah, just hand me my bag over there," I say, pointing at my toiletry bag. He gets it and I open it up to grab some Gravol. I then see my tampons and I realize something. "Shit, I'm late."

"Late? Late for what?"

"My period, it's late by at least two weeks." He stands there, his face a mix of shock, fear, happiness and pure joy. Then my phone rings and I see it's Georgie. I pick up and she begins panicking. "Hello Georgie," I say into the phone.

"Oh my god! Kaitlyn, are you okay? I saw your future disappear."

"I'm fine it's just, and this seems crazy, I think I might be pregnant," I tell her.

"Pregnant?! How is that even possible?"

"I don't know, I thought vampires couldn't reproduce."

"Me too," Georgie says. Shawn then howls in joy and picks me up in a hug. "What was that?"

"That was Shawn."

"Okay, I'll call Lake and you need to come home now."

"No problem." She hangs up and I put my phone back.

"I'm going to a father after all!" he hollers.

"And I'm going to be a mother!" He kisses me and I then walk over to the full length mirror. I pull my shirt up and there is already a small, but definite, bump. But I'm only two weeks pregnant, how is this possible?

"A dad! I can't believe it!"

"Shawn, calm down. We have to go home, Georgie wants Lake to monitor the baby." He nods his head and moves at vampire speed to pack.

Shortly later, we are on the private jet again, heading home.

Griff's P.O.V

I walk into my house and I already know Jason is here cause I saw his car outside. "Hey Griff," my dad says, wheeling over to me with Jason beside him.

"Listen Griff," Jason begins, " Kaitlyn caught some bug, flu thing and won't be back for a while."

"She's sick."

"Yeah, I just got off the phone with her not too long ago," Jason explains. I run back outside and I get on my motorcycle. I head over to her new house.

I pull up and I hear people talking. I knock on the front door and a vampire who's name is Georgie answers. "May I help you?" she asks.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"Griff? Is that you?" I hear Kaitlyn ask from in the house. I barge in and I see her on the couch, covered in blankets. I walk over and I kneel in front of her. Her skin is paler, but in a sickly way. Her cheeks are caving in and her lips are pale as well.