Chapter 2 ♕

When you see this icon above then this will tell you the chapter is in Edward's POV. Hope you enjoy!!

I was rooted to my spot unsure what to do except stare

I was rooted to my spot unsure what to do except stare. Y/n had strode past me as if our visit meant little to nothing to her. That unphased look of hers, the way she walked past me without a single smile——it irked me.

Here we were, dropping by for a surprise visit and this is how she reacts? We've been gone for months since my last repair and I half expected her to be as happy as Winry when she saw us. She looked like she was pissed—especially at me.

I was confused, what's her problem? Was it really that big of a deal that I didn't call first? Winry appeared at the doorway with a sheepish smile across her face.

"I'm guessing, that didn't go well," she says more as a statement than question.

I shrug nonchalantly with a frown. "What's her problem anyway?" I question.

Al finally makes his way to us, securing the helmet atop his shoulders. I had a feeling he's glaring at me for kicking off his head.

"Is Y/n okay?" Al inquires in a worried tone. Winry hesitates, she sucks in a sharp breath. She holds his curious gaze as if wondering if his question was a worthy of an answer.

We stood outside longer than I wished and I couldn't wait any longer. "It's just a simple question, Winry," I sigh as I shove past her. I make my way towards the couch just after giving Granny Pinako a quick greeting.

"Easy for you to say," I hear Winry mumble with a frown. As quietly as he could, Al seats himself in the floor beside me with Den not too far away.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I demand with a raised brow.

Winry shakes her head and puts that fake smile to use. "How's your guy's trip so far? Any leads on getting your bodies back?"

Al was quick to answer. He entertained Winry's question, allowing her to focus on him for the time being. I drowned out thei conversation, allowing Al take charge when he'd mentioned our situation in Leore.

I stare at Winry with a deep frown coming across my features. I've always hated that smile—it always meant she was hiding something. Despite the irritation building up inside me a pit of worry began to fill my stomach.

What was so bad about Y/n's attitude that Winry had to keep from telling us? Clearly, something happened while Al and I were gone. And I demand to know what it is.

"Winry."

"Yeah?" She looks back at me with eyes filled with curiosity. It was like she forgot about Y/n altogether. Or attempting to make me forget about her.

Al even turned to look at me too. I give her a stern look. I leaned forward placing my elbows on my knees. I probably had a hunch what this was about.