Chapter 3

His smell engulfed my senses

His smell engulfed my senses. It was fresh, intoxicating, calming. It was a mixture of fresh rain and something sweet.

Edward's hug surprised me, his presence in general brought me to be a speechless lunatic. I never meant to cry or shed a tear, that showed weakness. Something I despised myself for.

He was short, maybe two inches smaller than I was, but his hug was still comforting. I felt safe, maybe even a little clam. I don't wrap my arms around him though.

I kept my arms at my side while his wrapped around my back securely. "Why're you crying?" Edward's asks softly.

"I'm not," I deny with a sniffle.

"Y/n, I can see those tears on your face," Edward points out a little firmly this time. He pulls away just enough to look at me.

I was able to see his golden eyes clearly and even notice his skin got a little bit tanner. It was then I realized he was close—too close for that matter. My heartbeat ruptured against my chest violently.

My blood thrumming inside me wildly. I was beginning to panic. I didn't want him near me. Not like this.

"Aah, you're too close, Edward!" I push him away slightly as I get myself out of his bind. We both stumble the opposite direction, both surprised.

Edward seemed shocked though, his arms still outstretched while he blinked to process my reaction. "I—I was giving you a hug!" Ed quickly defends.

I shake my head in answer while I cleared my throat awkwardly. Unconsciously, I felt my metal arm rub against my other. I didn't know what to say for I was too flustered.

My stomach doing an abnormal of flips and twists. There was a moment of silence between us and it felt like an eternity. When I finally gained the courage to glance at him I noticed the rouge color coating his cheeks and the way he glared at the floor. It was like it did him some personal wrong.

"Well," I clear my throat once more as I squared my shoulders. I turn away. "I'm fine now."

I slump down on my bed, sighing in the process. I said it in a way to hint his leave, if he stayed here longer——well, my heart wouldn't be able to take it. This harsh beating in my ears only made me flustered than ever before.

Yet, seeing him here in my room while I wished to be alone with my thoughts only made me desire my peace and quiet again. But Edward was the type to not give up——or even understand what it meant to be nosy.

"Don't give me that," he sighs as he sits beside me. He made sure to keep a reasonable distance between us, though his left hand was placed atop the mattress. I almost felt as though it was begging me to touch it—to hold it.

When that abrupt thought bursts into mind my spine straightens instantly. Heat rises to my cheeks and I quickly turn away. I could feel Ed's eyes on me.