Chapter 1

"I love you princess" he said disappearing into the darkness of the place we were in.
"Nooo!" I cried falling to my knees.
Cold wind started to dry the tears on my cheek. Until some weird black smoke emerged from no where and started to suffocate me.

I wake up panting as I was dunk in sweat. It's been since forever that nightmares were haunting me in my sleep.

Every night I would see these blue eyes full of pain and sorrow and hear these four words. Every night I would feel my heart shatter as I thought he was dying in front of me.

It's been five years already though. It was all from the past. I had forgotten about him or at least that is what I thought since my nightmares have been proving me wrong lately.

I decided to brush these thoughts away as I let my feet touch the cold wooden floor of my bedroom. I made my way downstairs to the kitchen I needed some water. I took a glass and drank the cold substance out of it.
It was a stormy night. Just when I had noticed that a strong thunder made me jump out of my thoughts. I needed to go back to sleep I had a case to finish tomorrow.

Yes I was a lawyer and my career was advancing pretty fine.
I had enough to afford a two story house on my own. It could get lonely sometimes but Bridgette and Gwen would come have sleepovers at mine from time to time so it was okay I guess.

Yes I was friends with Gwen as you all might have guessed. We haven't heard of him since five years ago but we just brushed this thought out of our minds. And if I really needed to rant about life or quick advice on something Gwen would always be a phone call away since Bridgette was living with her Beau and she would miss most of our calls on daily basis...

Gwen was also in a relationship with Trent, it has been a year or so but she always was more grounded than my other best friend and she would always manage to make some time for her boyfriend, her best friends and work since she was an art teacher. Her time management skills surprised me too.

I made my way back to my room and to the comfort of my mattress and fluffy pillows. I couldn't sleep immediately as I kept replaying my dream in my mind.

What happened to you Nelson? Why are you back in my thoughts?
I brushed it away as I drifted to sleep.

***
"Cassandra please I need coffee" I said to my secretary entering my office.

I had splashed ice cold water in my face when I woke up but I think the dark circles under my eyes told everyone about my restless night so coffee was in order for me to function.

I open a large brown file to start on my work. I was almost done and if I could win this case this afternoon my boss promised to promote me and give me a raise. I know that it meant more work for me but hey no pain no gain.

I worked as hard as I could and when the final trial came I was ready and confident and I won it. Things were looking up.

"Courtney congrats" my boss said smiling my way.

"Tomorrow morning there is an important client that booked an appointment with you and I need you to be at your best. You will start taking care of business cases not personal ones anymore you were transfered to the other department of our law firm. Good luck!"

I was smiling like a child to whom you had given candy. I went home huming the tune of my favorite song. I immediately texted Bridgette and Gwen.

Text:

C: Guess who's got a promotion!!!? XD

B: Oh my god court! I am so happy for you!