Chapter 6 ~ First Day

"Welcome to Pearl High." Ryder made a grand gesture towards the school.

"Looks nice enough." Nykki starts to walk toward it and we follow her.

I looked up at the palm trees as we made our way to the front, and tightened my grip on my black backpack with rose gold buckles. We must've looked kinda funny walking through the doors. I case I haven't mentioned... We look different. I have short, silver-blonde (almost with the slightest tint of purple) hair, with darker roots, layers, and side-bangs. Via has medium length curled ombré dark to blonde hair, and her eyes are now grey. Anastasia has long, straight black hair with blue ombré at the ends, and dark blue eyes. And Nycole has awesome green hair in a long pixie cut. Her eyes turned amber.

When we walked into the hall, everybody turned and stared at us. "Just ignore them." Ryder whispers in my ear. We do exactly what he says and find our lockers. After that, we all meet up.

"First class is English." I say, looking down at the sheet I received. "I'm gonna head there early."

"Wait, are you sure? You don't want to let Ryder give us the grand tour?" Via asks.

"Uh ya no thanks." I say giving Ryder a playful look. "I'll catch up with you guys later."

"See ya!" Anastasia calls as I make a b-line for room 15. I hear voices as I enter. Three buff guys have their backs turned towards me. "You try anything like that again, I'll make your death long and painful." The blonde one in the middle sneers, and punches some kid he's standing in front of. The kid falls to the floor, his glasses flying off.

"I'm sorry ok? It won't happen again."

"That's not good enough." The same guy pulls his fist back to hit him again. I can't just stand here and watch this happen. I think. I do the first thing that come to mind, and grab a pair of scissors. I creep up behind the guy, stand on a chair that's behind him, and in a swift movement grab him and hold the blade to his neck.

"Move and this pierces the artery in your neck." I snap.

I see the priceless looks of surprise on the other guys faces.

"Whoa whoa." The blonde puts his hand up.

"Hey the chick can't beat us, we're three against one." The guy on the left with dark skin smirks. I give him a smile. "Oh yeah?" I say pressing the scissors deeper. The blonde winces.

"Fine. Fine." He says. "We're leaving."

I release him, and point to the door with the scissors. "Never underestimate chicks." I give the guy who said that a grin and a glare. The three of them glare back, but reluctantly leave. I hop off the chair and put the scissors back where I found them.

"I can't believe you did that." I hear a voice say from behind me. It's the boy who was getting beat up. He's got short, but wavy brown hair, a light tan skin tone. From where I saw him I thought he was just a scrawny kid, but he's actually got a little muscle, and he's taller than I am.

"I don't like bullies." I shrug, nonchalantly.

His green eyes peer at me from behind his gold, almost Harry Potter like, but bigger and more stylish glasses.

"Well thank you." He grins at me. "You're new aren't you? I'm Griffin Jones." He holds out his hand.

I take it. "Interesting name. I'm Luna Lang."